Hattori and Okatsu double boss WOTD

Shmeefly

Someone please give me some tips on what to use here, on WOTD the pair of them are extremely relentless, I literally don’t even have time to heal most of the time, I use all the sloth talismans etc power pills, tried using different living weapons, but by the time I’ve taken half health from one, the other has damaged me so much my living weapon is down, I don’t have time to heal up or anything until at least one of them is down, it’s making me rage, should I just be going into way of the wise n grabbing next diff gear or what!!

• 1 month later...

Yes, that particular duo (on WotN for me) can be problematic. My advice would be to focus on taking down Hanzo ASAP - the amount of traps he sets, throws, interrupts etc. is legendary. You could refill yourself before the encounter with Amrita, activate your LW and go for Hanzo from the get go. If someone's skilled with parries - he/she may be successful here as they're parry susceptible. Also try to be aggro, if possible. Good luck!

Yeah I definitely agree with the strategy of focusing on Hanzo first.

Luckily I had a build that could take him down quickly with a sign of the cross and a parry or two, but if you cannot and have to survive a long time with both hunting you down you're gonna have a hard time ? Just do whatever you can to defeat him quickly!

• 2 months later...

In case anyone else is struggling with this fight and finds this thread:

Took me a while to get this. I went for light armour with increased running speed specs, and also used tiger running scrolls to zip across the room like greased lightning. It's a real pain when your choice of armour increases the chances of getting destroyed in one hit, but speed is needed here. You can then sprint in a wide arc around both and their projectile attacks will miss. If you can stay a good distance from Okatsu, she will sometimes walk towards you at a slow pace. I find Hanzo on the other hand to be more aggressive in terms of closing in on you. Do your best to dodge his bombs and take him out as quickly as you can. I used kusarigama in low stance, dodged towards him diagonally when he attacked and hit him from behind. I was lucky that Okatsu was on the other side of the room at the time, so even her kunai had a hard time hitting me due to the spread.

It can't hurt to pop a quick change scroll before engaging the ninja duo, but chances are you'll be insta-killed when you return to the fight if you haven't already beaten one of them. Also it's worth remembering that the ninja dojo missions offer you the opportunity to practise fighting both individually, with weapons that will probably be of a much lower level to the ones you use. 

It's tough, but definitely doable. The key is to utilise the space in the room and try and separate the two in order to take them out one by one as fast as you possibly can. Hanzo will tend to stick close to you, Okatsu *occasionally* keeps her distance if you're well out of range of her charge attacks.