How to beat the game in 80 minutes?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 03/01/2020 at 8:13 AM, true_ven0hm said:

Here is the video...

This is a 360 gameplay, which plays differently on the PS3.  There are some exploits present on the 360 but are not on the Playstation, so I am not sure if this would be applicable here.  For starters dying in the game will void the trophy and this is even said to be the case on the MSBox.  There appears to be a restart in that video at 4:36 with Rorschach deliberately jumping into the flames in Chapter 1.

As stated below we cannot die as this will obviously restart from a checkpoint  and the trophy description says: 

Complete the game in less than 80 minutes, in one session without restarting from a checkpoint.

On 19/07/2009 at 3:41 AM, Owen H Brown said:

If you die, start all over again, that is the only way to unlock this achievement.

The video is good as a guide to show the route that Rorschach will take since most of the walkthrough videos on YouTube are usually played as Night Owl.  But to mirror the gameplay using this video to get Turbo is probably NOT suitable.

On 21/04/2021 at 10:34 AM, Blazhead said:

So it's hard to beat the speed run without 2nd player's? 

By theory having a real couch-coop player to help can speed it up a bit by skipping most parts when both players go straight to the end of a chapter.  But to make this more efficient Player 2 (P2) must have played the game at least once in coop to get all the upgrades of that character assigned to P2Upgrades unlocked in single player will not carry over or apply to P2 in coop.  Having the upgrades helps speed up taking down the enemies especially with NIght Owl's stun special ability.

EDIT 1: Skipping a lot of enemies to advance quicker in the level when playing SOLO can glitch the game.  There is the chance of AI Player 2 not doing the next task in Chapter 3 Pier - P2 Rorschach will not open the shutter door and just disappears.  While P2 Night Owl will not activate the crane to move the container van and stays camped on the crane and not come down.  So yeah proper COOP is definitely the better method as it can avoid this bug from happening.

EDIT 2: Tried doing it SOLO and I was about 15 minutes short, though this was just my first attempt without the bug from ever happening. Maybe I will get it in the second round.

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 2