Gascon and Raynard Buildings

So I'm at the beginning of the fourth map and thought that the Gascon and Raynard buildings were part of the Campsites I have to build. I'm worried that this is true and that the trophies may have been bugged, considering what a broken state this game is in. I see no sign of a new mechanic of these building being introduced any time soon. I would like to know how to get the two trophies related to the two buildings. There aren't any guides or YT videos that can help my, so I decided to post this. Are the trophies "Dogs of War" and "A-ten-hut" story related? And do I only have to worry about these trophies only later on (no spoilers please).

I saw that you got the platinum since you asked the question (congratz!), but it might be useful for others: no, these trophies are not story related. You need to buy all the buildings in the campsite that provide Reynard and Gascon units (if I recall correctly, it's the second from the bottom at the Workshop menu, Gascon's buildings are the lower-left side of the tree, and Reynard's buildings are the lower-right side of the tree). I haven't seen anyone reporting it as glitched, and you don't need to worry about not having these unless you already have the Army Camp Tycoon trophy...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/04/2019 at 11:34 PM, Razza said:

I have had a similar trophy glitch happen to me, I've managed to not have the Dog Trainer trophy unlock for me but somehow managed to have the dogs of war trophy unlock for me, does anyone have any suggestions?

This is actually perfectly possible although unlikely.

Dogs of War is for upgrading all of Gascon's buildings to maximum level, which upgrades certain units and gives you the ability to train them yourself.

Whereas Dog Trainer is simply for training one of his units.

Maybe you've already done that? You didn't say so in your post though, so maybe try training a Gascon unit at your Command Tent.

On 21/02/2019 at 10:02 AM, Cortez71 said:

I saw that you got the platinum since you asked the question (congratz!), but it might be useful for others: no, these trophies are not story related. You need to buy all the buildings in the campsite that provide Reynard and Gascon units (if I recall correctly, it's the second from the bottom at the Workshop menu, Gascon's buildings are the lower-left side of the tree, and Reynard's buildings are the lower-right side of the tree). I haven't seen anyone reporting it as glitched, and you don't need to worry about not having these unless you already have the Army Camp Tycoon trophy...

I initially thought my Dogs of War trophy had bugged out to be honest. This is because when you are in your camp looking in your workshop at your upgrades like you said Gascon's buildings are on the lower left side of the tree when viewing the "Training Grounds". However there are also Gascon and Reynard upgrades in the "Workshop" section too, only this time the Reynard upgrades are on the left and Gascon's to the right! I don't know what made the devs do this lol, but I didn't look properly and got confused as to why my trophy wasn't popping. So I hope this helps somebody.

Edited by Jameseven

• 3 weeks later...

Just be patient. Sometimes in this particular game, trophies appear after completely different action that was a result of action, which should have made the trophy pop.
F.e., getting enough wood or money, it's either below or over the required amount when you get the trophy, because the mechanisms are imprecise and you don't know if you have to stack resources or expenses still count.
Thronebreaker is fun and has a reaaaaaaaaally intriguing plot for a card game, but boy, is it finicky... (not buggy, because everything works, but for instance, even if you saved multiple times with the use of camp, it will still reload around (!) the last battle, because sometimes it happens before it, dunno, why).