Struggling to get into PC gaming

supertrunksman

• 2 months later...

Microsoft is killing it with Xbox Game Pass for PC. They're adding 10 new games in September alone. Most recent additions to the library:

Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition

Dirt Rally 2.0

Bad North: Jotunn Edition

Enter the Gungeon

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Shadow Warrior 2

GoNNER

Gears 5

Creature in the Well

Dead Cells

Blair Witch

Cities: Skylines and Saints Row IV: Re-Elected also coming this month. Here's an almost complete list of games available right now: https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/xbox-game-pass-pc-game-list/

Amazing service. When you're unsure if you'd like some game, just need to press a button to install a game and try anything you want. It's still only a mere 4 € / month (1 € for the first month). You can share the same subscription with your family with no additional cost. We have 2 PCs and 2 people using the same subscription and we can play co-op together too.

For the original poster (well, for anyone really) I'd recommend the Gears of War games. Highly entertaining and well-made 3rd person shooters that are well optimized for PC. Forza Horizon 4 is a great game too if you're looking for more exclusives you can't find on PS4.

Getting an Xbox One wireless controller is a great idea like @Fragtaster mentioned, as it makes playing some games much more comfortable. Windows 10 has native support for it. The Xbox One controller may be my favorite controller design judging by ergonomics. Especially loving the diamond grip added on the Gears 5 controller.

Epic Games also offers free games every month. Just need to install their launcher to play them. Epic launcher doesn't restrict playing games on multiple machines simultaneously either unlike Steam.

If you're tired of managing multiple launchers, there are universal launchers like GOG Galaxy and Playnite.

P.S. Control on PC with full ray tracing looks amazing. Game also handles well with mouse and keyboard (didn't try with a controller yet).

It took me awhile to adapt too, After jamming Over Watch on my buddies laptop I got an asus rog a couple months later

Steam has a huge library and it supports controllers for various games, plus I don't have to worry about trophies with specific games, looking at you call of duty.

Just find which games works best for the thy land of Pc

I was only jamming fps with a controller forever but after switching to pc, I prefer M/K.

Welcome to thy land of pc, when you need a break from ps4 it's a nice change of pace :)

Edited by Galactic Hyper Balls

• 1 month later...

Heads up to PC gamers: Xbox Game Pass for PC selections will include Final Fantasy VII - XV (excluding XIV) and some Yakuza titles (Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2). Tons of other games coming too, of course: https://gematsu.com/2019/11/xbox-game-pass-new-games-available-now-and-beyond-announced

Updated list of current offering: https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/xbox-game-pass-pc-game-list/