My PS3 struggles with downloading fucking Thomas Was Alone

Varhur

You perfectly know that that game is not something that should take ages. Yet when I tried to download this, it stuck at 22%, then stopped downloading and getting to PS Store just freezes the console.

I'm mad because I don't know what is at fault there. Help?

I'd recommend you not go into the PS Store, go into your account settings and purchase history from there. So much smoother. Sucks to shift through the list though. But if it's a recent purchase then it's not a big deal." playstation-network-icon-01-psn-ps4-ps3-psvita-eu-23jul15.gif [PlayStation Network]  > sign-in-icon-01-psn-ps4-eu-23jul15.gif [Sign in] > acc-man-icon-01-psn-ps3-eu-23jul15.gif[Account Management] on the XMB Menu."

Outside that, not sure what to tell ya. Reformatting might help the store be less shitty, it helped mine somewhat. But I still avoid it. Since the last time I had to use it resulted in not being able to install trophy data, which wouldn't let me start games, which ended up being resolved by deleting my user profile... which then resulted in losing all my download keys for old ass games which are hard as hell to get back for delisted games on my thousands long download list. But I digress.

• Like 2

Could be your PS3. Could be your internet connection set-up (wi-fi or wired). Could be download caps (if you have them). Could be PSN. Could be your Internet Service Provider. There are tonnes of possibilities as to what the cause is - so it's probably worth having a look on the official Playstation help forums, searching around on Google for any similar cases of it happening and troubleshooting your own internet set up.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

Could be your PS3. Could be your internet connection set-up (wi-fi or wired). Could be download caps (if you have them). Could be PSN. Could be your Internet Service Provider. There are tonnes of possibilities as to what the cause is - so it's probably worth having a look on the official Playstation help forums, searching around on Google for any similar cases of it happening and troubleshooting your own internet set up.

Well, the problem was gone when i connected to hot-spot Wi-Fi, then i ran out of mobile data. That means that it's slow connection?

23 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I'd recommend you not go into the PS Store, go into your account settings and purchase history from there. So much smoother. Sucks to shift through the list though. But if it's a recent purchase then it's not a big deal." playstation-network-icon-01-psn-ps4-ps3-psvita-eu-23jul15.gif [PlayStation Network]  > sign-in-icon-01-psn-ps4-eu-23jul15.gif [Sign in] > acc-man-icon-01-psn-ps3-eu-23jul15.gif[Account Management] on the XMB Menu."

Outside that, not sure what to tell ya. Reformatting might help the store be less shitty, it helped mine somewhat. But I still avoid it. Since the last time I had to use it resulted in not being able to install trophy data, which wouldn't let me start games, which ended up being resolved by deleting my user profile... which then resulted in losing all my download keys for old ass games which are hard as hell to get back for delisted games on my thousands long download list. But I digress.

I'll try that method when i'll try downloading Beyond:Two Souls, because 30 GB is something. God of War: Ascension was only slightly bigger and it took more than night (though it was succesful).

15 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Well, the problem was gone when i connected to hot-spot Wi-Fi, then i ran out of mobile data. That means that it's slow connection?

I don't know, it sounds like this might not be the best place to figure this out. If the problem was gone when you used hot-spot wi-fi then it sounds like you are going to need to troubleshoot your internet set-up and call your internet service provider about it.

Try downloading something else relatively small first and see if you have the same problem.

The few times I've had the PS3 do that to me, it was also for specific games but the problem was that I didn't have enough room for the physical download and, for whatever reason, that fact wasn't triggering the 'not enough HD space' error message you're supposed to get in that situation.

• Like 1