Export PS3 character?

Really stupid question but I don't know where else to ask this.

I want to export my Borderlands PS3 character and use him on Borderlands PS4, but the problem is I had a different psn account back then (I shared my account with my brother and he wanted me to have my own account). I already went back into the old account and exported the character but I guess I could only use him on PS4 on the old account now? Or is there a way to use the character on *my* account?

I thought about starting the game on the old account and loading the PS4 save files into the PS Plus Online Storage (if this is even possible?) and then download the save files on my account... or use an USB flash drive if that's the only way. Would that work? 

Sorry if these are totally stupid questions but I thought I'll give it a try and ask here ? Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, anothergayshark said:

Really stupid question but I don't know where else to ask this.

I want to export my Borderlands PS3 character and use him on Borderlands PS4, but the problem is I had a different psn account back then (I shared my account with my brother and he wanted me to have my own account). I already went back into the old account and exported the character but I guess I could only use him on PS4 on the old account now? Or is there a way to use the character on *my* account?

I thought about starting the game on the old account and loading the PS4 save files into the PS Plus Online Storage (if this is even possible?) and then download the save files on my account... or use an USB flash drive if that's the only way. Would that work? 

Sorry if these are totally stupid questions but I thought I'll give it a try and ask here 1f605.png Thanks in advance.

usb and cloud saves arent the way it transfers. it transfers through the game. and its locked to the screen name. so you would have to go on your ps3 name, load the ps3 game, there is a new transfer tab in their old update. you click upload on ps3 in game. (one slot at a time). then go on your ps4 and click download in game.

so you would need your saves and the game and matching screen name to transfer

also its not a stupid question, i just re finished the collection on ps4 recently and the save transfering drove me nuts. even knowing i progressed to much on ps3 made me have to redo tons of playthroughs on ps4 because of it

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 2

Can't do it in a legitamite manner, it uploads it based on your PSN account. It would also be flaggable on here if you did it with save resigning because you'd have autopops without having the original list on your profile to show you did the PS3 version already. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Just to be clear: I can export my characters from the PS3 version and reload into my PS4 version ( pretty much same way as the Handsome collection ) and that is legitimate and wont result in my being flagged (since its using game functionality and I have the PS3 trophies)?

Would save sometime but as I found with the Handsome collection you still have to play most of the game again

Save resigning I believe is crafting a save from someone else / some other source that isn't You and that will get you flagged. 

44 minutes ago, Ringtonwhaledog said:

Just to be clear: I can export my characters from the PS3 version and reload into my PS4 version ( pretty much same way as the Handsome collection ) and that is legitimate and wont result in my being flagged (since its using game functionality and I have the PS3 trophies)?

Correct, games with cross-save are whitelisted so you won't get flagged :).