Anyone else doing four playthroughs for Platinum?

I enjoyed the game so much, I decided to do a separate playthrough for each ending instead of the cloud saves. Finished up NG+ for the Purification ending yesterday and I'm about halfway through NG++ for Return. Seems like this will make the skill point grind a bit more tolerable as well as long as you make sure you just leveled up before taking on a boss. 

Yeah, I loved the game so much I did four consecutive playthroughs in which I killed every possible boss and miniboss and picked up every item. It did get slightly repetitive in the very last playthrough. Still, it was a nice feeling getting consistently better at the game, and by the end of the fourth playthrough I felt like I was actually pretty decent at it.

I got my max skills trophy at the Fountainhead in NG+++. This was without ever really grinding other than a few thousand XP here and there to top off a skill point before doing a boss fight. I did lose over 30k+ XP several times upon deaths still.

6 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Yeah, I figured it would be best to save that for last since you don't get Kuro's Charm for the next playthrough after the Shura ending. 

You get Kuro's charm for every playthrough after the first. I did Shura ending on NG+ and I had Kuro's charm at the beginning of NG++ like every time.

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

You get Kuro's charm for every playthrough after the first. I did Shura ending on NG+ and I had Kuro's charm at the beginning of NG++ like every time.

Ah, ok. I read that you don't get it after the Shura ending. Might do that one during my current playthrough then so I can grind at Fountainhead in NG+++ like you did if necessary.  

On 4/6/2019 at 8:44 AM, ObliviousSenpai said:

Good luck with the Shura boss.

Yeah, doing that now on NG++. After quite a few failures, I think I mostly have a grasp on their move sets except for when Isshin covers the area with fire and does a bunch of slashes. The range on the throw they both do is insane as well. 

2 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Yeah, doing that now on NG++. After quite a few failures, I think I mostly have a grasp on their move sets except for when Isshin covers the area with fire and does a bunch of slashes. The range on the throw they both do is insane as well. 

Find a spot without fire and then start jumping after the fire has launched. I would usually manage to avoid his combo this way with enough time to get behind him and strike. Those throws can be crazy, especially Isshin's. 

12 hours ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Find a spot without fire and then start jumping after the fire has launched. I would usually manage to avoid his combo this way with enough time to get behind him and strike. Those throws can be crazy, especially Isshin's. 

If you can read the attack in a reasonable amount of time, you can run up to Isshin and throw firecrackers to interrupt it. That strategy saved my life!

• Like 1