New Game Plus Question

PoolMD

Hello!

I finished TLoU on Normal difficulty and I started a new game plus game on Nomal+. I then read that if I save, go back to the main menu and hit chapter select, Level Hometown Prologue on survivor I could start a Survivor+ play through without having to beat a survivor first. This glitch seemed to work because on both of my normal+ save and the survivor+ save it says "New Game Plus". 

My question is even though it says "New Game Plus" on my save for survivor+ , my joel upgrades are different. Why is this? When you start a survivor+ play through does it bump you down a little bit? For example I had my healing and crafting speed higher than they are showing up. But my pistol that you get right off the bat does have the clip capacity upgrade that I got on my original normal play through. 

Have any of you experienced this? I only have played the first 30 minutes of both the normal+ and survivor+ saves so maybe it will be fixed later on. Not sure.

Edited by LC-Jon-Snow

Is it possible that on Survivor you can't upgrade Joel as much? Say on Normal you can upgrade his health twice, maybe on Survivor you can only do it once. I haven't started a Survivor playthrough so I can't confirm any of this, I'm just guessing. 

Parker

Is it possible that on Survivor you can't upgrade Joel as much? Say on Normal you can upgrade his health twice, maybe on Survivor you can only do it once. I haven't started a Survivor playthrough so I can't confirm any of this, I'm just guessing. 

Parker

If you go through every shiv door and search the levels thoroughly, you'll get enough supplements to upgrade the Health and Weapon Sway to max and then some.

Parker

I checked both my hard and survivor+ saves and the both have the same upgrade amounts. The only thing that is different is "listening mode distance" was taken out.

Edit: Just checked normal which is the same as hard and survivor. It seems though that in easy "Shiv Master" is taken out so either they give you that automatically or not at all.

@ the OP I did my hard, survivor, and survivor+ without the glitch. Anything thing that I did in survivor carried over to my survivor+ game and it did not downgraded any of my upgrades. So I'm not sure what could be causing your problem.

Edited by Cabhills