Mirkwood game breaking glitch concern

How do I get through Mirkwood? I bit the spider boss of the area but I'm unable to proceed to the next area as I am unable to talk to Beleram. It seems that the only way to progress is to have someoneelse  get me to the next area, however, that'll leave the other players save file broken. 

If someone has tips to get over the glitch or can manually get me to the mountains, that'll be appreciated. 

I had several times the problem that i finished a mission like the Mirkwood one you mentioned and there wasn't a new mark on the map so i joined a random online who was very close to the Mirkwood mission i just completed... i never encountered any problems for either me or the other player(s) after joining someone's lobby... so if you're stuck somewhere join someone online :)

A different possibility is as i had a friend with whom i wanted to play on Legendary, he reseted his character when we had such bug and i joined him again, so we played nearly 3 times on legendary until we beated it :/ the game isn't bad but those bugs are very annoying...

If the other person backed up their save first it certainly wouldn't leave it broken (if it would even do that in the first place).

Out of curiosity, did you quit the game while in Mirkwood and load into it later to complete the quest? The way to avoid these bugs is to load your save file and then LOAD IT AGAIN. It is stupid but works 100% of the time. The game fails to load all of your quests when you first load for some reason but will correct itself if you load your file again.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MidnightMoth said:

If the other person backed up their save first it certainly wouldn't leave it broken (if it would even do that in the first place).

Out of curiosity, did you quit the game while in Mirkwood and load into it later to complete the quest? The way to avoid these bugs is to load your save file and then LOAD IT AGAIN. It is stupid but works 100% of the time. The game fails to load all of your quests when you first load for some reason but will correct itself if you load your file again.

I did not complete mirkwood in one sitting if that's what you're asking. I might have to start from the beginning. 

27 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I had several times the problem that i finished a mission like the Mirkwood one you mentioned and there wasn't a new mark on the map so i joined a random online who was very close to the Mirkwood mission i just completed... i never encountered any problems for either me or the other player(s) after joining someone's lobby... so if you're stuck somewhere join someone online :)

A different possibility is as i had a friend with whom i wanted to play on Legendary, he reseted his character when we had such bug and i joined him again, so we played nearly 3 times on legendary until we beated it :/ the game isn't bad but those bugs are very annoying...

The thing is that the online servers are empty, so finding a random close to the mirkwood spider boss fight is going to be a waiting game for hours

4 hours ago, SyIaris said:

I have a Legendary save at chapter 4 prologue - I think that's the one before Mirkwood?

Can help if you want, but I can't promise I'd be good at the game. Haven't touched it in 4-5 years.

E: Also a possible fix on PST.

what happens if it glitches though on your save file?

29 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

what happens if it glitches though on your save file?

Worst case, I can pop the save right back to how it is now. I've never hit that glitch, though - think I might have left it back a bit so it'd be more reliable.  :dunno:

Loading a save in the city right before it can break things; for some reason it seems to be one of the more common spots to eat all your quests. Usually fixed if you reload, but if you don't catch it...

My sister and I did get a glitch going through Mirkwood the first run - her cooldowns completely broke. The dwarf gets ridiculous with rapid-fire everything.

2 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Worst case, I can pop the save right back to how it is now. I've never hit that glitch, though - think I might have left it back a bit so it'd be more reliable.  :dunno:

Loading a save in the city right before it can break things; for some reason it seems to be one of the more common spots to eat all your quests. Usually fixed if you reload, but if you don't catch it...

My sister and I did get a glitch going through Mirkwood the first run - her cooldowns completely broke. The dwarf gets ridiculous with rapid-fire everything.

thanks man, I sent you a message to continues this there.

• 7 months later...