Xbox boss says hardware analysis between consoles is “meaningless”

AndroidFox

A game being on multiple discs doesn't actually impact the overall quality of a game though. It just means you have to take the disc out at certain points or install the data to the hard drive, all the content is still there. Mass Effect 2 was released on 2 discs on the 360 and the game had notably better performance.

Unless a game is only on 3 discs because they cut content, otherwise it'd have 4+ discs (What is this, the 5th/early 6th generation?)  I'm looking at you, LA Noire.  ....Though I guess that may have had something to do with Team Bondi.

But yeah, no, every game that's better on 360 is probably that way because the Cell is apparently really hard to develop for.

Edited by Sonic

Anyone saying hardware doesn't matter is delusional, stupid, or trying too hard to defend why their product isn't the most powerful. Reggie Fils-Aime used that line a few years ago trying to defend the Wii.

YOU CANNOT HAVE SOFTWARE WITHOUT HARDWARE!

It's the hardware that drives the software. You cannot make games we have today using hardware 30 years ago, nor can you make stuff like Transformers or Battle Station Galattica using hardware 30 years ago.

Mircrosoft when they are winning,"Guys and gals, specs are everything. I mean look at this 1080P!"

Microsoft when they are losing, "The power of the CLOUD will make our console future proof. CLOUD is amazing. Did I say CLOUD already? CLOUD! No, I am not using CLOUD as a buzzword. Believe in the CLOUD!"