Trophy list not popping

I've recently brought a physical copy FFXIV with a Stormblood expansion pack download code and I've gotten past the opening cutscenes and etc but the trophy list isn't popping at all. Is it because I'm currently on a free trial? If so, will it show up when I pay money for a subscription?

Sorry if a topic similar to this has already been made

have you played this game on PS3 before? because it’s a shared trophy list between the PS3 and PS4 versions. that’s the only thing i can think of on why it’s not popping for you. if you have played it on PS3 before, scroll through your list of trophies until you see it and there ya have it. if not, then wait until your trail ends and then it might pop when you are playing with paid subscription. ?

Just now, cadbane1995 said:

have you played this game on PS3 before? because it’s a shared trophy list between the PS3 and PS4 versions. that’s the only thing i can think of on why it’s not popping for you. if you have played it on PS3 before, scroll through your list of trophies until you see it and there ya have it. if not, then wait until your trail ends and then it might pop when you are playing with paid subscription. 1f601.png

I never owned a PS3 so that isn't the case, unfortunately. I guess I would just have to wait until it expires. Are there any missable story trophies or something similar I can miss during the free trial?

55 minutes ago, wesleyisgreat777 said:

Is it because I'm currently on a free trial? If so, will it show up when I pay money for a subscription?

I doubt it. I would guess it is treated like any game with DLC. If you don't buy the content, the list still pops up under trophies. Also, even when PS3 had their "Full-Game Trials," the trophy list would still pop up and the trophy would unlock retroactively if you bought the game. Not sure what the issue is in your case.

1 hour ago, skateak said:

I doubt it. I would guess it is treated like any game with DLC. If you don't buy the content, the list still pops up under trophies. Also, even when PS3 had their "Full-Game Trials," the trophy list would still pop up and the trophy would unlock retroactively if you bought the game. Not sure what the issue is in your case.

Bloody hell, I hope it's not because I changed my psn id before playing. I made an squeenix account years ago in the (demo?) version but I ended up uninstalling it after not feeling like starting an mmorpg. Is it because it's linked to my old psn id? I hope not

My first thought for this is that you can't earn trophies on the free trial. So does that cause the list to not populate? It'd be beneficial to gain the insight on someone who actually went the free trial route to see if that's what happened to them. Which ain't me, I paid for a subscription from the outset. You'd probably get a quicker answer by asking this question on the PS4 section of the Lodestone forums.

Also, there aren't any story trophies you're missing. There's one for completing your first quest, which I would think is any quest, and one for completing the main scenario, which you can't do on the free trial as the level cap is 35 as far as I know.

Ah I see, I kinda read your first comment wrong and thought there was Stormblood specific trophies and that list wasn't popping up. Might be a trial thing after all. It is hard to say. The digital download says you get 30 days of play time so I would think that would be the same as a one month subscription. 

Edited by skateak

7 hours ago, wesleyisgreat777 said:

I've recently brought a physical copy FFXIV with a Stormblood expansion pack download code and I've gotten past the opening cutscenes and etc but the trophy list isn't popping at all. Is it because I'm currently on a free trial? If so, will it show up when I pay money for a subscription?

Sorry if a topic similar to this has already been made

I am not sure, I know you will not get the trophies to pop on the free trial but then they do pop when you subscribe. 

I would recommend considering how you plan on playing the game. If you are going to do the expansions then I wouldn't even worry about the trophy list. Almost everything will come naturally. It will take you around 200hrs to get to Stormblood (probably alot more). If you do plan on doing the expansions I would try to level up 2 character classes as you go. It will give you alot more options later in the game and make some of it alot easier. 

If you are only going to play base game and trophies then just starting grinding daily roulette dungeons, guild heists and raids as soon as they unlock.

Have fun it is one of the best games available 4 sure

• 2 months later...
On 15/05/2019 at 4:02 AM, cosmic-mania said:

Bloody hell, I hope it's not because I changed my psn id before playing. I made an squeenix account years ago in the (demo?) version but I ended up uninstalling it after not feeling like starting an mmorpg. Is it because it's linked to my old psn id? I hope not

I know this thread is quite old but yes. It said when you set it up that you cannot change the account it is linked to at a later date. I suppose this means that because of this you won’t be able to unlock the trophies for your current ID.

I couldn't see your trophy list on your profile so I don’t know if you’ve hidden it or no longer care about the game. Sorry for being up old threads.