5 Favourite and Least Favourite PS4 Trophy List Images

So this is admittedly a bit of a "niche" thread. The majority of people simply won't care. However, when I did the below thread some time ago, a lot of people agreed with a weird confession I had; horrible trophy set art really gets on my nerves. It's permanently on profile, and I want it to look nice. It's obviously not that important, but certainly a bugbear of mine. On Xbox One, the tile art is nearly always just the cover (not always). PlayStation 4 has a more unique take, making trophy tile art often quite different to that of the game's cover, which has led to both some beautiful and truly horrific trophy tile art.

If you, like me, are an appreciator for this kind of thing, what are your favourites and least favourites? 

Favourite

5) NieR: Automata: This is a top 5 game of the generation for me anyway, but the trophy art is also very nice. A very nice symbol and the embossed effect is pretty sweet.  

Ld87fc9.png

4) Assassins Creed Syndicate: Most AC games have pretty nice art and the logo is amongst the most recognizable in video games. Origins was another particularly nice one, but as I like steampunk aesthetic, this one takes the cake.

L986c13.png

3) Fallout 4: This is one of the few exceptions where Xbox also adopt this as the achievement tile art. I personally think the Vault Boy is a cooler symbol than the Brotherhood of Steel masks, so I personally really like the trophy list images for Fallout. This is my favorite of the bunch. 

L50d97e.png

2) Virginia: The simplicity of this is something I really love, and it is very clean. The cardinal motif is very important to the game, and I love the colour red.

L34d69a.png

1) Darksiders III: I haven't played this game, ever. However, the trophy list art is gorgeous. Red is also my favourite colour, so that gets a plus. A running trend through this is that I personally like symmetry and a symbol rather than just the cover art, wherever possible. 

spacer.pngL973caf.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Least Favourite 

5) BioShock Infinite: This and the original BioShock are both in my top 3 games of all time (Half-Life 2 is the third), and on Xbox One it looks really cool because all the icons are the covers and I have them together on my achievement list. However, I must say that the BioShock Collection trophy list art is pretty grim. It's pretty boring, yet looks ugly and cluttered at the same time. BioShock series as a whole has never had nice trophy art, IMO, even if the games themselves are utterly amazing.

L576e59.png

4) Hidden Agenda: I don't like about trophy lists with gold/silver/bronze motif generally, and the symbols are also really, really ugly. 

L2549d8.png

3) Resident Evil 4: An outstanding game in another series I've come to love, but similar to the reasons above this is horrid. Made worse by a horrible background, too.

Lfb566e.png

2) Rise of the Tomb Raider: I personally find this horrible. The black and white contrast looks really weird, and the border looks like something I did on Microsoft Publisher for a Year 8 homework assignment. Grim. 

La495b1.png

1) Snooker 19: This trophy art is rancid. They could have probably had someone's vomit as the trophy list art and I would have preferred this. This is bad to the point where I've seen at least 3 comments about it in various forums about the game (I quite like Snooker, so I was considering it). 

L47dd78.png

Edited by phantomfear9494
  • Like 4

Favourites: I like the colourful and creative artistic type trophy symbols as opposed to single colour or monotone ones and symbols. 

1. Tales of Vesperia- I like the way each trophy is like a post stamp with characters faces

2. FF12

3. Persona 5

4. Kingdom Hearts games

5. Disgaea 4

Least favourite

Tales of Xillia: they are all the same, just a super boring symbol in different colours with no unique features

Nier Automata: No colour and none of them stand out, just plain goldish colour

Life is strange- not a fan of just the outline drawings

FFXV: Again just plain old boring same symbol for every trophy

World of FF: Same as FFXV, same old boring symbols so every trophy looks the same

• Like 1

Least favourites, ignoring the ones that are mostly text (there's a lot of those).

Lde7dac.png

Resistance 3 - Not a bad game, but a giant 3? Really? I know there's more details, but still.

L0b2cd5.png

Bullestorm Full Clip Edition - I hate it. I wish they would clean it up. Make it a full vector, or minimalistic. Add symmetry. Something!...like Driveclub. I also hate the dull colour. It's the same issue I have with Agents of Mayhem's dull purple.

L1fadc1.png

L99ac32.png

Ether One - Cleaner text and remove the box around the T please and thank you. It's too busy. You had a chance with the lighthouse silhouette, and then ruined it.

La58059.png

Sly 1 - 3 

Doesn't technically belong here. I love the Sly games, and it's not a bad logo, I just hate that all 3 games use the same logo.

FAVOURITES

L46c7e8.png

Onrush - the vibrant colours mixed with a sense of speed and destruction! What's not to like?

Lfe0221.png

Driveclub - Nice and clean. Perfect and elegant.

L57f32a.png

No Man's Sky - I've always loved this artwork for NMS.

L800d7e.png

Rachet and Clank - If only more games did this

L4e52ba.png

Titanfall 2 - Because BT ?

Honorable Mentions - Unravel, Sleeping Dogs, Spider-Man, The Witness

• Like 1