Deleted from PS+ users?

You

If you use the physical version you can download the telltale games any time you want. That's how I'm downloading and playing all their games now even though everything is delisted.

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

And again, i don't understand what makes them so different and special from any other delisted game from defunct companies.

My best guess would be because since all their games are licensed games and telltale has a bunch of debt, the lawyers are probably fighting  behind the scenes over who gets what money from each sale that takes place before they can be sold again. For example if game of thrones is sold HBO will want to take their cut but because of the money telltale owes the lawyers of the debt collectors are probably fighting with the license holders over who gets when from each sale. To summarize it all comes down to what its always about... Money

I added TT Game of Thrones to my library when it was on PS+ and never touched it. I saw this topic and went to see if the game was still available for me. I downloaded the first episode through my Library and got the other episodes (everything was free) through the PS store because the Library didn't want to load the DLC. I played the game for 5 minutes to make sure it worked. I'm currently downloading all the episode. I should mention that I live in the US; that may have been the reason the game was still available for me. I guess this game is my day now. T_T

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Talking about HDDs, i still don't understand if the PS3 supports 1.5TB drives or not...

I know with the Super Slim PS3 model it's possible to replace the HDD. I'm not sure on the specifics but if you have a compatible HDD it should work and the process to replace the drive is very easy. I'm not sure if the Phat and Slim models can do this.

Edited by SixyLove
Forgot to mention my geographical location; it was important to the topic at hand.

42 minutes ago, SixyLove said:

I added TT Game of Thrones to my library when it was on PS+ and never touched it. I saw this topic and went to see if the game was still available for me. I downloaded the first episode through my Library and got the other episodes (everything was free) through the PS store because the Library didn't want to load the DLC. I played the game for 5 minutes to make sure it worked. I'm currently downloading all the episode. I should mention that I live in the US; that may have been the reason the game was still available for me. I guess this game is my day now. T_T

I know with the Super Slim PS3 model it's possible to replace the HDD. I'm not sure on the specifics but if you have a compatible HDD it should work and the process to replace the drive is very easy. I'm not sure if the Phat and Slim models can do this.

All models support HDD replacement. There's also a false myth about it voiding the warranty... that doesn't really answer my question though.

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Talking about HDDs, i still don't understand if the PS3 supports 1.5TB drives or not...

It doesn't officially, but I'm using a 1 TB drive since 2014. No issues so far. But don't waste your money on SSDs. PS3 is way too slow to benefit from their performance.

Edited by Angelo Urkel

15 minutes ago, Angelo Urkel said:

It doesn't officially, but I'm using a 1 TB drive since 2014. No issues so far. But don't waste your money on SSDs. PS3 is way too slow to benefit from their performance.

No way i'm going to get SSDs anytime soon! My PC is too old, with no plans to upgrade it, and i'm fine with my "traditional" drives.

I was asking that because, believe it or not, 1TB is NOT enough for all my games. But i could avoid installing stuff also available on PS4... :P

7 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

No way i'm going to get SSDs anytime soon! My PC is too old, with no plans to upgrade it, and i'm fine with my "traditional" drives.

I was asking that because, believe it or not, 1TB is NOT enough for all my games. But i could avoid installing stuff also available on PS4... :P

Well, you might want to play the more unfavorable games first so you can delete them right away. Or you could buy a second HDD for PS3 and permanently install the res on that. As long as you don't switch consoles you can always swap the drives. It's annoying but it works.

9 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

I guess this is the first time a license holder is enforcing their rights to remove a digital license

This could set a precedent 

What is frustrating is that if you bought it from GoG on PC this restriction does not happen, seems to be a console thing.

Anyway I kind of hate living in a world where, at this rate, piracy is the only way to keep these games alive, just like MAME before it.

Granted out of the 500 or so games I'd bought in the past 11 years, I doubt I will go back to 95% of them when I get 100%, but it's the principle of the thing, if I bought a game, even if it is digital I should be able to access them anytime I want.

As promised, I checked on my game. Every episode (1 to 6) appears : bought and installed.

i know Telltales can have issues if several episodes are downloaded simultaneously, so if the pb persists, just delete eveything and download again one by one the 6 episodes.

• Like 1