Tachibana Mahlong Questions

Surgical_Assault

For the most part the requirements seem pretty straight forward but what exactly does it mean by "Go out with an open riichi?" I know what an open riichi is but does go out just mean win that hand or something else?

Lastly winning by waryori is that win when not wareme?

im almost done these are my last challenges to do so any help would be great, cheers!

Yes, win the hand while calling open riichi and it will count towards the requirement for completion. Note that it is a bit harder to win with open riichi compared to regularly calling riichi since you're basically showing your opponents the section of tiles you are waiting to complete. This means that they will know what tile you need to win and therefore will not discard said tile for you to call ron and take. You basically gotta rely on luck that you draw the winning tile and call tsumo.

Winning by wayori is when you are wareme.

Edited by Gudetommy-

1 hour ago, Gudetommy- said:

Yes, win the hand while calling open riichi and it will count towards the requirement for completion. Note that it is a bit harder to win with open riichi compared to regularly calling riichi since you're basically showing your opponents the section of tiles you are waiting to complete. This means that they will know what tile you need to win and therefore will not discard said tile for you to call ron and take. You basically gotta rely on luck that you draw the winning tile and call tsumo.

Winning by wayori is when you are wareme.

Thanks for that I've been lucky to win once with an open riichi.

Are you sure you need to be wareme to get it? I haven't won while wareme yet but have 1/30 for it. They really don't describe it well in the rules.

26 minutes ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Are you sure you need to be wareme to get it? I haven't won while wareme yet but have 1/30 for it. They really don't describe it well in the rules.

You only need to win once as Warame and that is it for the completion list.

For the "Waryori: Win 30" I think you can win however you like regardless of whether you are the warame or not. Just think of it like the other Mahjong completion lists where you are required to go out with a winning hand a set number of times. 

Edited by Gudetommy-

32 minutes ago, Gudetommy- said:

You only need to win once as Warame and that is it for the completion list.

For the "Waryori: Win 30" I think you can win however you like regardless of whether you are the warame or not. Just think of it like the other Mahjong completion lists where you are required to go out with a winning hand a set number of times. 

Getting these open riichi wins is annoying as hell called it about 4-5 times now and still havent won one lol

You are more likely to win if an opponent have richii because he need to drop the new tile if its not finishing his build. Otherwise you Need to Go for tsumo and collect hands with more possible tiles to finish your hand. F.e. 2,3 you can collect the 1 or 4 to finish

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Inuty said:

You are more likely to win if an opponent have richii because he need to drop the new tile if its not finishing his build. Otherwise you Need to Go for tsumo and collect hands with more possible tiles to finish your hand. F.e. 2,3 you can collect the 1 or 4 to finish

It took a little but I eventually got there, got everything done and the friendship levels done there, just at 22/30 wins via waryori, so on the home stretch now!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Before playing look at the hands you can make, the most simplest one to go for is the pinfu one, it may take a few tries but thats what I kept playing for and eventually got it all done

And what I need to do?

• Like 1