bugged trophy: 3000 blue points

Hokupe

This one bugged out on me. I have like 5000 points (full tech tree + 1400 points), and after counting tech tree points that alone should push you to like 3500, as in netting you the trophy. Well, internet says if you use blue point books (astronomer shop) to get from under 3000 to over 3000, it will bug out. Since I used books often, this was probably the case for me too. Damn :/

Anyway, keep an eye out on this one! Maybe it will be patched in the future though, but for now I'll try my luck at a new game relying on blue books again but counting points lol

• Like 1

Just got the platinum and if indeed the points from books are bugged/do not count for some reason I suggest making the marble grave headstones. I was making those to pass time faster near the end and they give you 10 blue a pop. After making tons the trophy popped naturally for me.

• Like 1

On my new run I kept track of blue points and made sure to not buy anymore books at 2500 overall. I'm now at 3903 blue points earned and the trophy didn't unlock. Since I'm pretty sure I didn't get more than 903 points out of astronomer's books, I guess it means the books bug the trophy out in general.

Soooo... I'll start a third run, this time without relying on books AT ALL. Curse him. I'm really exhausted by this ._.

For everyone else struggling with this: do not buy his books at all (to make sure) and keep at creating that cheap 3 graveyard-point stone tombstone for 3 stone (3 blue points) and write books yourself (more blue points, but uses up more energy). It greatly helps to set up a zombie stone mine and zombie writers to supply you with stories. Upgrade all tombstone skills in the tech tree to research every one.

20 hours ago, Hokupe said:

Soooo... I'll start a third run, this time without relying on books AT ALL. Curse him. I'm really exhausted by this ._.

you, sir, have the patience of (something with an enormous amount of patience)

• Like 3

I honestly don’t think that it is bugged. I just think you have to earn the blue points through researching/building/writing. Buying likely doesn’t count as it doesn’t fall under the correct criteria.
I didn’t program it but that is my guess.

What I can suggest to people is that you simply don’t research many blue items (unless you really need them for unlocking some tech from the skill trees) until you start making and consuming: 

Spoiler

Cake since this food is one of the items that gives you a perk which increases points for studying items. 

On 12.7.2019 at 6:40 PM, TragicTravesty said:

I honestly don’t think that it is bugged. I just think you have to earn the blue points through researching/building/writing. Buying likely doesn’t count as it doesn’t fall under the correct criteria.
I didn’t program it but that is my guess.

What I can suggest to people is that you simply don’t research many blue items (unless you really need them for unlocking some tech from the skill trees) until you start making and consuming: 

Reveal hidden contents

Cake since this food is one of the items that gives you a perk which increases points for studying items. 

Yes, I wondered that too. This is why I collected way more points than 3000 in hopes of getting it way later. But it really is awful to grind for an unknown goal, not knowing whether it is possible at all. So I found it easier to restart with a set goal.

I got the 3000 blue points trophy now, at around 3035 blue points collected overall (it may have unlocked a bit earlier than this count though). I didn't use any skill point books this time.

• Like 2

Ugh, yeah this is pretty crappy news. I've used 3 sets of books so far (225 blue points total), so I really hope this isn't going to screw me over. I'm not a huge fan of replaying longer games like this for 1 stupid trophy! Also probably not a good sign that I've acquired 3000 red and green already, but haven't even hit the 1000 mark for the blues yet ? 

• 1 month later...

I bought over a dozen blue books from the astrologer as well as using a load my zombies created and finally got the trophy without the need to restart.  I crafted about 500 3 point grave stones on top of however many books and researching as many items that gave blue points.  I amassed circa 7500 points and it finally unlocked.

• 8 months later...

Just heads up to anyone that thinks this trophy is bugged.  Don't start a new game, just keep making grave stones (the ones from 3 stones), as mentioned above.  You get 5 blue points per.  My trophy unlocked after about 400 points of doing that (having already unlocked everything else).  I'm guessing that's how many blue books I bought.  So they just don't count towards the total, but don't stop you from earning the trophy.

• Like 2