Is New Game+ in the Survivor trophy referring to the Eliminator mode?

OrangeDiceHUN

27 minutes ago, OrangeDiceHUN said:

Eliminator mode is locked until you finish the story and every character only has one life so it sounds pretty hard.

Yes it does.

It's not as bad as it sounds - you get all characters at the beginning, all characters have the field abilities (bolt-cutter, bomb, hack), you only have to do the story missions, and you can play on easy.

I haven't fully tested this, but I believe 1) you can use save backups, and 2) the only death that matters is of the character you're controlling - if the game takes out the AI-controlled character, I think they'll just respawn.  I could be wrong on that though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OrangeDiceHUN said:

Eliminator mode is locked until you finish the story and every character only has one life so it sounds pretty hard.

Like @themindisacity said pal it does refer to the eliminator mode but it is extremely easy.

As he said above; you get all characters from the start and you can play on easy plus as he also said you can just aim for the story missions. I only lost 2 characters on easy due to failing to complete 2 puzzles on time otherwise I would've had a full set of characters.

I can't comment on the 2 points he said above since I never used backups and the AI doesn't take enough damage to die (At least from both times I played on Normal for 1st run and Easy for 2nd run).

If you want an even easier time; I'd recommend using Will and Max. Equip 2 decent body armour trinkets and 3 Firestarter trinkets. Then just allow set Max as your CPU partner and let her take the damage while as Will you deal strong fire attacks from a ranged distance. If you see your health going down but not enough to use a medkit just use your partners medic skill to heal.

Also in this mode save your money for Medkits and Cokes only unless you need to buy an item for story progression. You should finish the game with around $99.99.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:28 PM, cooldudematt said:

If you want an even easier time; I'd recommend using Will and Max. Equip 2 decent body armour trinkets and 3 Firestarter trinkets. Then just allow set Max as your CPU partner and let her take the damage while as Will you deal strong fire attacks from a ranged distance. If you see your health going down but not enough to use a medkit just use your partners medic skill to heal.

Thanks for the Will and Max tip! I was running Eleven and Max for my first 100% playthrough on Normal and was using Max as a healer, but I never used Will because I can't stand him in the show. Will definitely made NG+ easy and Max's healing was a must for staying alive. Finished NG+ at 3:43:55 and didn't die a single time.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Pokedude97 said:

Thanks for the Will and Max tip! I was running Eleven and Max for my first 100% playthrough on Normal and was using Max as a healer, but I never used Will because I can't stand him in the show. Will definitely made NG+ easy and Max's healing was a must for staying alive. Finished NG+ at 3:43:55 and didn't die a single time.

Happy it helped pal. You did better than me I lost Hopper and Jonathan because of the lab puzzles haha

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 11:25 AM, cooldudematt said:

Happy it helped pal. You did better than me I lost Hopper and Jonathan because of the lab puzzles haha

Ouch haha, yeah I panicked a bit but somehow I finished the puzzles with barely enough time each one.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 18/06/2020 at 1:11 PM, punkshepherd said:

Does all your equipment and/or money transfer over to ng+?, or is it just the characters? 

Just got all the other trophies, debating whether to smash thru it quickly. Which of course would  easier if my items frok my 1st run were available. 

I started my eliminator run earlier and can confirm that items and money don’t transfer over. 

It doesn’t make it anymore difficult though. You’ll still fly through the game 

• Like 1