Ryuko's Story Episode 1 S Rank

SpaceCoresDad

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. It's the very beginning of Ryuko's story, where you have to fight through each member of the Elite 4 in sequence. Every time I've tried it, I've gotten an A in health, an A in offensive, and a D in time. That's the only fight in the entire game I've gotten a D in at all, and after numerous tries I can't get it even to a C. I've beaten them extremely quickly, I've done the Sen-I-Soshitsu to all four of them, and it's just D every time. Anyone have any advice?

• Like 2

I have a similar problem with Satsuki's mission. I forgot the number, but she takes on the Elite Four. No matter how well I do, I get B on Offensive, and end with an A rank. I get A in Time and HP, but always a B in Offensive. 

8 hours ago, Kasaix said:

No matter how well I do, I get B on Offensive, and end with an A rank. I get A in Time and HP, but always a B in Offensive. 

This actually happened to me on that mission too. What you need to do is activate a valor burst on one of them. I don't think it matters if you win or not, but Mock always worked best for me after waiting long enough for the opponent to make a choice. After doing that I got an A in Offensive easy.

• Like 1

Where you tap L1 + R1, right? That only does the aura thing that breaks enemy combos. I don't know how to raise Valor rank up to pull that off, or do the SEN-I-SOSHITSU moves. In-game guides don't really explain how, just that they are things.

2 hours ago, Kasaix said:

In-game guides don't really explain how, just that they are things

You're right, the in-game guides don't tell you a whole lot. It is L1+R1 yeah, but you have to do it while you aren't taking any damage. If you're taking damage, it'll do the combo breaker thing you're talking about. If you're not, it'll do a lot more damage and start the valor burst.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

You're right, the in-game guides don't tell you a whole lot. It is L1+R1 yeah, but you have to do it while you aren't taking any damage. If you're taking damage, it'll do the combo breaker thing you're talking about. If you're not, it'll do a lot more damage and start the valor burst.

Oh, thanks for telling me that! Is there a way to guarantee a win in those match ups? Your trick is to use Mock at the last second. Is there a clear way to see what they chose, or is it all blind RNG?

Just now, Kasaix said:

Is there a clear way to see what they chose, or is it all blind RNG?

As far as I can tell it's all blind RNG, but in my experience if you wait, they almost always use Taunt, which means Mock is what beats them. Sometimes they just won't though, and as far as I can see there's no way to tell.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

As far as I can tell it's all blind RNG, but in my experience if you wait, they almost always use Taunt, which means Mock is what beats them. Sometimes they just won't though, and as far as I can see there's no way to tell.

Ah alright. Thanks for all your help. You came with your own problem, getting a D in time. I've run into problems with time too, but my way to get a higher rank there was just cheesing them. I've found that with Satsuki, if I do that O move from the air, they launch and I just hit Square to chase them, getting them into a quick combo. That's the only cheese move I've found, and it makes things a bit easier. Doesn't work on COVERS though for some reason, those things need to be AOE'd somehow.

I was having the D time thing happening to me as well, even by being very fast doing the same as you.

Since it was the only fight this was happening I had a theory... some bug related to the fact that it was the only 4-in-1 battle where there were cutscenes in-between them and I was skipping them (also I'm pretty sure I had an A on the first attempt, but had to replay because of a B in one of the other two). Not skipping, coincidence or not, worked for me.

So be fast as usual, but without skipping the 3 cutscenes that happen in-between and hopefully time will be A as it did for me.

Edited by SeizenLaw
  • Like 1

Episode 5 Part B, taking on 10 Nui clones, I always get Offensive B no matter how well I do. It's not a mission where you can use Bloody Valor either. I used the Triangle, Square, and Circle specials to make sure I used them all at least once. I can knock them around like a champ and get A for HP and Time, but only B in Offensive. What do I do?

3 hours ago, Kasaix said:

Episode 5 Part B, taking on 10 Nui clones, I always get Offensive B no matter how well I do. It's not a mission where you can use Bloody Valor either. I used the Triangle, Square, and Circle specials to make sure I used them all at least once. I can knock them around like a champ and get A for HP and Time, but only B in Offensive. What do I do?

It's kind of silly, but you're doing too good. Try building the SP Gauge by blocking attacks at the start so you can do at least 2 or 3 more Specials in the fight.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kasaix said:

This one has a weird hidden objective too. You need to kill Nui last. All the other COVERS need to be dead first.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

This one has a weird hidden objective too. You need to kill Nui last. All the other COVERS need to be dead first.

It's all Nui clones. This one happens in that arena, not the Life Fiber Palace. Though that mission would be 100x easier if we could target specific enemies and not just whoever the computer decides we should target. One enemy right in front of me, and I'm keyed into one on the other side of the arena.

EDIT: That might be the plan. That's what accidentally happened on the mission I was fighting with, and I did nothing different besides that. I just happened to be fighting the real Nui and I got A in Offensive. I got S in episode 6 part A while making sure I left Nui for last.

Edited by Kasaix

20 minutes ago, Kasaix said:

That might be the plan. That's what accidentally happened on the mission I was fighting with, and I did nothing different besides that. I just happened to be fighting the real Nui and I got A in Offensive. I got S in episode 6 part A while making sure I left Nui for last.

Ah, glad you got it. I had the wrong one, but the real Nui is actually there too in that one.

I've been stuck on the Survival challenge for days now. Got up to 48 wins and then Kouketsu Ragyo just comes in and slaps my shit instantly fro 100% to dead.

• Like 1

I've been dreading that trophy. It would be neat if we could use super Satsuki. I haven't seen super Ryuko, but Satsuki's Square move regens health. I was thinking Ragyo or Nui might be a cheese character. As an opponent, they can combo to hell and back.

EDIT: Nonon might be the real cheese character. The Triangle move hits from across the field, homes, and combos. The Circle move is the Kamehameha, and the charge up follows the opponent.

Do you have any advice for Ryuko's episode 8 part A match against the Primordial Life Fiber? I can get A in Time and Offensive, but B - D in HP, ending with a B as the final rank. That thing hits hard. I thought sticking near the neck might be a good move, but it only helped on Time.

Edited by Kasaix

On 7/29/2019 at 4:50 AM, Kasaix said:

Do you have any advice for Ryuko's episode 8 part A match against the Primordial Life Fiber? I can get A in Time and Offensive, but B - D in HP, ending with a B as the final rank. That thing hits hard. I thought sticking near the neck might be a good move, but it only helped on Time.

It's a little tough, but you really just gotta do it. Stick near the boss and hit at its arms and head. Get used to the timing and block when it's winding up for an attack. It doesn't have any breaker moves IIRC. 

Nonon's alright, but Dual Wield Ryuko is where I've gotten the best. Nonon's close range game is just too bad to do much once you get to the higher ranks.

• Like 1

I think I stunned it when it was winding up to do the mouth blast move, the red kamehameha thing. I don't know how I did it though, I think it was a normal combo. That blast move does shield break, I've seen that firsthand and got KO'd. I'll keep trying on it, practice makes perfect and everything.

• 1 month later...

I came back to this months later. I found out that Ryuko's triangle charge move has a quick follow-up. If you tap triangle, then triangle again, she sends out one blast move, then a follow-up blast move. If you charge it, the follow-up homes in on targets with two energy blades. I managed to get A rank on episode 8 A part, I got a B rank on offensive, I'm guessing for a lack of combos. I got As in Time and HP though. Man this one is punishing.

EDIT: Just got S rank. Use the charge triangle move, then follow up with homing to get early stuns on the boss. Go for combos against the Covers. 

Another Edit: Kill la Kill IF, the last Ryuko battle against a powered-up Satsuki can die in a fire. On one-star, she's like the sister Sephiroth and Cloud didn't know they had. There has to be a way to cheese that. I managed to beat her, but only because, once fully powered up, you can't die.

Edited by Kasaix

• 4 months later...
On 9/28/2019 at 4:55 AM, Kasaix said:

Another Edit: Kill la Kill IF, the last Ryuko battle against a powered-up Satsuki can die in a fire. On one-star, she's like the sister Sephiroth and Cloud didn't know they had. There has to be a way to cheese that. I managed to beat her, but only because, once fully powered up, you can't die.

If you're still trying for the last battle S, I found Satsuki to be stupidly aggressive as a 1 star, but much more bearable and easier as a 3 star.. she was more defensive and easier to bait out. And for some reason even though I still got a B for health and the rest A it still counted as S rank completion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

If you're still trying for the last battle S, I found Satsuki to be stupidly aggressive as a 1 star, but much more bearable and easier as a 3 star.. she was more defensive and easier to bait out. And for some reason even though I still got a B for health and the rest A it still counted as S rank completion.

Thanks for the tip. Next time I play, I'll give it a try.