Borderlands free to play this weekend on PS4

Borderlands: Game of the Year edition will be available to play on PS4 this weekend at no charge.

This trial period will start on 12:01 AM PDT/BST/JST, August 16 and finish at 11:59 PM PDT/BST/JST, August 18. The trial will give access to the entire Borderlands: Game of the Year content

You probably won't be able to earn Trophies, but if anyone experiences you can, let us know!

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2019/08/15/borderlands-game-of-the-year-edition-will-be-free-to-play-ps4-weekend/

Also, if you're part of the VIP program, you will earn 1000pts for each day you play (while logged in to shift) and if you play all 3 days (friday to sunday) you will earn an extra 1000pts for a total of 4000pts.

Only need 1000 more to get every BL3 reward, I hope they drop some more codes...

• Like 2

So caved and bought it haha, was really enjoying it anyway. When I completed my next quest I got the 5 quests trophy from starting area and 15 co-op quest trophy which I should of got from doing that in the free trial. The lvl 5 and 10 trophies remain locked and I’m lvl 14. They may unlock when I get to the next level trophy which would be 20. If not they won’t be long to get on another character. Also it keeps your progress for kills trophies as unlocked the special weapons trophy and explosive trophy after only a few kills so the stats must carry over. 

10 hours ago, Degnan- said:

The lvl 5 and 10 trophies remain locked and I’m lvl 14. They may unlock when I get to the next level trophy which would be 20.

Chances are they will not pop, I purchases the full game a couple weeks ago and imported my PS3 characters to the PS4 version and I had some trophies auto pop once I jumped into the game while none of the level trophies did. My Lilith was Lv50 that I imported so none of the 5>10>20 ect trophies popped and when I hit 51 and 69 they still did not pop, I started a 2nd fresh character and ran the game through with Mordecai to get those respective level trophies. I enjoyed the game though so it wasn't much of a loss having to rush another character through.

On 17.08.2019 at 0:25 AM, Degnan- said:

I started playing this tonight, put a few hours in then realised you don’t get trophies with the free trial

Damn, I've decided to take some nap right after I hit lvl 4 so didn't know that.
I'll buy BL1 at some point in the future for sure (gotta have it all ?) but thought "Hey, might as well work on it given the chance". Fat chance haha?

Oh well...