Can't download Blood and Wine

rvdizecw420

I bought this game the week it came out.  I played for a bit, realized I missed some trophies so just stopped playing altogether.  I bought the Complete Edition in February or so and got 100% of the trophies.

This game kicks so much ass I want to go back and get 100% on my original disc version.  I was able to download Hearts of Stone but can't download Blood and Wine.  Season pass isn't available either.  Anyone know how to get that DLC for the original, non-complete edition?  I'd hate to never be able to get 100% on this version.  Especially since I'd probably plat the EU version too in a year or so!

• Like 1

Thanks for the links, Tomo.  Unfortunately when I click on them and the page finishes loading the "Add to cart" button turns into a "Tell me more" button while it says "Not available for purchase".  If I click on the "Add to cart" button before it finishes loading the page, a text box pops up that says:

You are not able to purchase this product for the following reason(s):

You have already purchased

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition

That same box also pops up if i click on "Tell me more".  I need to have the PS Store or something "forget" that I ever bought the Complete Edition because that's what's causing the problem I think.  But it's still weird how I am able to download Hearts of Stone and all the other free DLC.  Why is only Blood and Wine unavailable?

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that.  Is Blood and Wine available under purchased add-ons when you press down on the game icon?  If not, the only other thing I can think of is to create a back-up account and purchase Blood and Wine on that account and make sure that account has set your PS4 as it's primary.  Then you can have that account download it and you can use it on the original Witcher.  Good luck, hope you can figure it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomoTakino said:

Sorry to hear that.  Is Blood and Wine available under purchased add-ons when you press down on the game icon?  If not, the only other thing I can think of is to create a back-up account and purchase Blood and Wine on that account and make sure that account has set your PS4 as it's primary.  Then you can have that account download it and you can use it on the original Witcher.  Good luck, hope you can figure it out.

That seems to have worked!  I made a random account, bought Blood and Wine off of that and I'm now on my disc version of the game and it says both DLCs are installed.  Here's hoping it starts when it's supposed to.  I was just an hour into the game without the DLC installed and it's now installed when I was ready to kill the griffin for the first witcher contract.  But I'm sure it will.

Thanks a lot, TomoTakino!!!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/21/2019 at 9:22 PM, rvdizecw420 said:

That seems to have worked!  I made a random account, bought Blood and Wine off of that and I'm now on my disc version of the game and it says both DLCs are installed.  Here's hoping it starts when it's supposed to.  I was just an hour into the game without the DLC installed and it's now installed when I was ready to kill the griffin for the first witcher contract.  But I'm sure it will.

Thanks a lot, TomoTakino!!!

Hey guys,

Ignore this completely!  I figured out what I did wrong and got it to work as well.  Many thanks!

Edited by Jadoni6130

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 10:51 PM, Jadoni6130 said:

Hey guys,

Ignore this completely!  I figured out what I did wrong and got it to work as well.  Many thanks!

Thanks for not telling us what you did to fix it. I'm trying to go back and get the dlc trophies, as well, but I can't download Blood and Wine.

• Like 1