Should this be referred as "trial" in the game tab?

I've bought it on sale (PS3 version for clarification) and i did installed the 6 KB add-on as well, though game is still named "Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate Trial". Visual bug or something worse?

Edited by Varhur

If you have installed the unlock key, then I'm pretty certain once you start the game then the name will update and remove the trial part. They don't really update "on-the-fly" on the PS3, so it'll most likely still say trial until you start it.

The best way to check is if it installs a trophy list when you start it, then you'll know it's not a trial or demo.

2 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

If you have installed the unlock key, then I'm pretty certain once you start the game then the name will update and remove the trial part. They don't really update "on-the-fly" on the PS3, so it'll most likely still say trial until you start it.

The best way to check is if it installs a trophy list when you start it, then you'll know it's not a trial or demo.

Unlock key is that small 6 KB add-on?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Unlock key is that small 6 KB add-on? 

Yes, every game that has a trial version works like this. Basically the trial is the whole game but with most of content locked before you purchase the game. After the game is bought, you receive the file that has the code that confirms your purchase

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Like others said, what you download is the full version but blocked. In order to unblock the full game you have to buy it and what you get is the patch-key to unlock the full game. Same thing with Versus mode of Resident Evil 5. This mode is in-game. I mean it is already on disc. But you have to pay in order to play. So what you get when you buy the season pass or this mode, it is just the patch-key to unlock this. This is happening if you have the Day 1 version. Gold Edition has everything in disc. But the extra episodes you need to move forward in the story. 

Great game. I highly recommend Origins Blackgate if you like the Batman Arkham games and/or the Batman Universe. Please consider that this game came out originally on Vita and 3Ds. So do not expect something that big as Asylum, City, Origins or Knight. But still it is a good game in 2.5D Metroid/Castlevania style. Enjoy! :)