Trailer / Trophy Thoughts

Velvet

This was the best trailer I could find for this one... 

Picked this up last week just to check it out as twin stick shooters are slowly growing into one of my favorite types of games to play. This one is a little on the slow side, though. Idk if that's a good word for it, but at no point did I feel overwhelmed by baddies or needing to zip and dash around like other games might require you to do. Definitely slow-paced. The miscellaneous trophies will be the ones to make the bang worth the buck (Swarm and FriendlyNo Wings No Fly, etc), as everything else is pretty straightforward/easy. Good little casual one if you're looking for something along those lines. 

I played this a few weeks ago. It's not nearly as good as I hoped. The whole game is just budget. 

It's an arena shooter, not scrolling. I didn't realize that. The perspective is also weird and you may get hit by enemies or bullets that you think are on a different plane or not be able to collect things for the same reason. 

A couple level specific trophies are a bitch, specifically the one for keeping a swarm of cicada alive for the entire level. The boss trophies aren't so bad, you can just die and restart at the boss if you mess up. It's probably best to stick it out and get the trophy because otherwise you have to beat the whole level again to get back to the boss.

Boss rush is a very tedious affair. There are eleven bosses to beat and you only get one life bar for the whole deal. The sixth boss has infinitely respawning enemies that you can use to replenish your life, but it takes a while. The worst part is that the next five bosses can easily one hit kill you, so you can waste a LOT of time. You will most likely need a full life bar to get through the second half. It's pretty easy to take a hit because of the aforementioned perspective issues.

I got the plat after four days of trying boss rush and I never ever want to play this again.

• 4 years later...

Might be a late post but there have been some new platinum players. I recently contacted the devs. Because two trophies did not pop: Two For One & Go Towards The Light. I contacted the devs. And they came out with a patch and now the game is 100% platinumable. So, anyone who started and quit, start the game back up and get that platinum. Enjoy the game for what it is and have fun out there.