If you were trying to sell me a vita what your selling points be?

Jc_Nz

In my opinion it is the closest you can get to a home console experience from a  handheld in terms of both the graphical quality and the dual analog control sticks. Shooters and racing games play exceptionally well and from my experience most games don't have gimmicks forced onto them, if they use touch controls it is because it enhances the experience. 

If you do purchase one keep in mind you'll need a memory card too. I suggest a 32gb because that is currently the biggest one and while pricy I think it is worth it, especially if you're a PS+ member and can take advantage of all the fantastic and free Vita games. 

Parker

• Like 2

In my opinion it is the closest you can get to a home console experience from a  handheld in terms of both the graphical quality and the dual analog control sticks. Shooters and racing games play exceptionally well and from my experience most games don't have gimmicks forced onto them, if they use touch controls it is because it enhances the experience. 

If you do purchase one keep in mind you'll need a memory card too. I suggest a 32gb because that is currently the biggest one and while pricy I think it is worth it, especially if you're a PS+ member and can take advantage of all the fantastic and free Vita games. 

What about 3g or Wifi only? is 3g worth it?

For me personally, no. In my country the 3G plan seems pretty expensive for what you get and I really have no reason to use it because 90% of the time my Vita can connect to my network via WiFi. The other 10% of the time I actually use it as a handheld and bring it with me somewhere, usually when the wife is shopping so I can hop in my truck and get some Farming Simulator game time in.  B)

I can't imagine playing multiplayer on 3G would work very well either but I don't have any personal experience with that.

Parker

I bet you have a smartphone, since 3/4 of the earth has smart phones now. Even my grandma has a smartphone.

If you have a smartphone you can just use your phone as a modem by tethering, so you have internet on the vita everywhere. Who needs 3G on the vita itself.

meh I don't want the 3G since it's from AT&T I feel like they'll add some hidden fees...can't riisk that

To me, Vita seems like an easy sell but, I guess it's not considering it's sales. What stands out to me is the sheer quality of the hardware and the possibilities available in software development. Sony is opening up to a lot more indie devs making the Vita home to some gems like Guacamelee, Retro City Rampage, and Hotline Miami. Also, if you played a lot of PS One, you're in luck hundereds of Classics have been ported to Vita for low prices. A large selection of PSP games are also available for download. People complain about a lack of games on Vita which is simply false go buy a Vita I highly reccomend it.