Do Patron Variants Count Towards Supreme Spice?

I haven't bothered unlocking any Patron yet since I don't want to do anything that doesn't contribute to the two tasks I have left to plat this game.. variants and free plays. But I noticed that the milestone list says these patrons have variants. Does anyone know if they count towards the 72 needed for the supreme spice trophy?

Edited by X-x-TheMayor-x-X

• 1 month later...
On 9/7/2019 at 3:02 PM, Halon_50 said:

The answer is yes - Patron variants count toward the variant trophies. I just unlocked the 48 variant trophy while doing a Patron variant run.

Same, I unlocked that "clear 48 variant" trophy as I finished my first Patron variant, which happened to be my 48th variant overall.
I've commented on this in the trophy guide as well, it should be added into the trophy guide.

On 31/08/2019 at 8:08 PM, X-x-TheMayor-x-X said:

I just unlocked my first patron and while I assume the variants will count towards the trophy they don't seem to be worth it for me. It looks like the minimum wave completion is 275 which is definitely not the lowest hanging fruit variant for me.

Yeah, they just don't seem worth it. I'm doing the second campaign now after getting bored of walling with my torm favor. My favor for the second campaign is way higher, I've unlocked every blessing, and am completing about 4/5 variants along the way. I'm somewhere in the mid 60s and will unlock the trophy as soon as I finish this new event.

I think I'll play till Aztaka though.