Online question

Kaldunaa

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone! I'm getting double messages when I read about online pass for Dead Space 3. Is an online pass still required to play Dead Space 3 in co-op online or can I just invite a friend for play? If an online pass is required, how in the world do I get it from the store since there's no download button for it? I have a physical copy of the game as does my friend. Thanks in advance ?

7 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Hello everyone! I'm getting double messages when I read about online pass for Dead Space 3. Is an online pass still required to play Dead Space 3 in co-op online or can I just invite a friend for play? If an online pass is required, how in the world do I get it from the store since there's no download button for it? I have a physical copy of the game as does my friend. Thanks in advance 1f60a.png

My understanding is that it is still needed (though please correct me if that's not the case) but EA made it free to download, though unfortunately you now have to battle the garbage store app on the PS3 itself if you want to find it - because the Webstore has removed all PS3 games and content :(. If the store version isn't working, your only options are to either find a sealed copy on Ebay and pray the code hasn't expired or buy the Digital version :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Hello again guys! Okay so I stumbled upon the weirdest thing when I investigated the online pass crap, pardon my French. 

I have two PS 3s and I started them both up with two former accounts that I have since earlier and with Dead Space 3 physical copies in both consoles. Both physical copies' online pass redeem codes have been used but on the secondary PS 3 I got a prompt that I needed an online pass and the bar for the pass was white and I could download an online pass for free and it registered correctly. On my main PS 3 with this account when I decided to try and download the online pass just minutes later, the online pass redeem bar was grayed out and I couldn't download it (frustration!). I pressed the bar in the main menu which says downloadable content and on the former account I could see all the DLC items in-game but on my main account it just said something like "There is no downloadable content at this time. Please try again later."

I really hate stuff like this where you have to go through hoops just to enjoy a game and as of now I have no idea what to do and why in the world I could download the online pass and other DLC items if I wanted from one account but not from my current main account, only minutes apart.

Edited by Cosmokeeper

5 minutes ago, Cosmokeeper said:

Hello again guys! Okay so I stumbled upon the weirdest thing when I investigated the online pass crap, pardon my French. 

I have two PS 3s and I started them both up with two former accounts that I have since earlier and with Dead Space 3 physical copies in both consoles. Both physical copies' online pass redeem codes have been used but on the secondary PS 3 I got a prompt that I needed an online pass and the bar for the pass was white and I could download an online pass for free and it registered correctly. On my main PS 3 with this account when I decided to try and download the online pass just minutes later, the online pass redeem bar was grayed out and I couldn't download it (frustration!). I pressed the bar in the main menu which says downloadable content and on the former account I could see all the DLC items in-game but on my main account it just said something like "There is no downloadable content at this time. Please try again later."

I really hate stuff like this where you have to go through hoops just to enjoy a game and as of now I have no idea what to do and why in the world I could download the online pass and other DLC items if I wanted from one account but not from my current main account, only minutes apart.

A work around is to put the account that was able to download the pass on the other ps3, and redownload the pass on there too.

Thanks for your reply! This is really bugging me out. Is an online pass for a game applied to a single account on a specific PS 3 or is it applied to all accounts on that PS 3?

I'm gonna check my old account where I played the game when it came out and see if I can access the online content there.

Edit: Yup, it worked perfectly and I could see and access all downloadable content on my old account. This is so confusing.

Edit 2: Wow, for real? This is super fickle. I restarted the game a few times and now the online pass button was available again on my main account and I could download it. That's a bit scary when thinking about the online portions of the game. I sure hope I will be able to play it with my friend (and that he'll be able to download the pass) and complete all the online co-op trophies before anything happens with the online functions. Is Dead Space 3 P2P so the online will continue to function without worry or does it have dedicated servers that EA might terminate suddenly?

Edited by Cosmokeeper