Most fun/useful operators

Well depends on your playstyle if you favor guns over operator ability. Personally I like Frosts and Lions guns but their abilities aren’t as great. The opposite for Nomad.

As for abilities, I wouldn’t go for Frost cause she’s similar to Kapkan and Lion has been nerfed hella hard. Nomad has a pretty unique gadget though. For a defender I would suggest echo. He has a unique MP5SD no other operator has and he has cameras that can fire stun shots that can even drop Montagne's shield. But he gets no love in the bann section in ranked games.

Edited by BestUsername----

Depending on your skill level but I'd recommend Rook from defender side. Drop the trauma plates and you're set as it's passive like Jäger's ADS or Bandit's batteries but it's helpful for everyone who care to take them. Plus Rook's MP5 is ridiculously good. You just have to play anchor.

With map knowledge I'd say Valkyrie. One cam on site if the sites are divided by a soft wall. Shoot a hole on the top of the wall and throw a camera in there.
Stairs like in Kafe and Outback, Throw a camera up there too.
When you've set your cameras, you can go lurk in a floor below the sites, watch cameras and go for ambush... Just don't step on Caveira's shoes if they're roaming heavy.
I have not been maining the SMG on Valk for a while now. Her SPAS-12 is a beast when you get comfortable with not holding long peeks or get good with the Deagle.

Attacker I'd recommend Capitao. His LMG with ACOG is a beast with very small recoil pattern that's easy to get used to and you can make the defenders in tight corners lose their shit with the fire bolts. Got a Clash against you? Fire bolt that sucker!
It's also very useful gadget when the defuser is in place and you're holding it from an angle.

Another attacker that's very easy to get into is Blackbeard. Learn how to peek windows upside down on Kafe and Hereford. Castle barriers and Frost traps are not going to stop you!