Rebreather

Is anyone else having trouble with getting past the pirate with the re breather on the second hiding spot? I have watched numerous videos... but I swear, even if I press the correct button at the correct time- it still goes red and he always finds me. I can get past the first part fine... it's just that second part. And I have yet to save Junior because of this. It's extremely annoying and aggravating. I also have problems with the ghost and Conrad with this. Every other time though- perfectly fine.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I don't have PS + yet. So, my only option is to keep replaying and replaying and replaying... I wish they'd made a save to load right then... it such a pain - glad I am not the only one who has issues. Any tips?

Get a cheap datastick?

They are great for games like this that autosave. (I've two)

Other then that, replay the chapter after finishing the game. It's the only other way.

yeh this is a pain in the butt...every single time on the very last heartbeat it auto-fails for me when i'm outside the room...

Then on the second spot, it auto-fails no matter what 2 beats in...

I've played this chapter over and over and it's the exact same thing every time...Last heart beat...then 2 in....

This is the only Stay Calm sequence i have any issues with....every other one hasn't been an issue....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

Get PS +? You have to start valuing your time, not just money.

Right, and some of us don't have money like that t just get something on a whim. Some of us have to you know... actually save the money 

7 minutes ago, sword_of_omens said:

yeh this is a pain in the butt...every single time on the very last heartbeat it auto-fails for me when i'm outside the room...

Then on the second spot, it auto-fails no matter what 2 beats in...

I've played this chapter over and over and it's the exact same thing every time...Last heart beat...then 2 in....

This is the only Stay Calm sequence i have any issues with....every other one hasn't been an issue....

Same exact thing here. Wonder how we get past it? Sounds like a glitch, but others have done it... hmmm

6 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Right, and some of us don't have money like that t just get something on a whim. Some of us have to you know... actually save the money 

But you can buy a new game at launch? One month of plus is not much money. All I'm saying is, at what point do you think you're wasting too much time on something that can be remedied by something you could have access to. There's two things you invest in everything: time and money. It's up to you to decide which has more value in your situation. 

Edited by Upendo_Vitani

You don't need to make a backup save (I never did). All you have to do is complete the game, then reload the chapter (pick new save each time) and repeat (load your completed game) each time you fail. It happens right at the beginning of the chapter, so it shouldn't take too long to get back there.

I don't know if it's just me, but I never had any problem with the heartbeat scenes. Maybe because I was too tense in the moment and paranoid of failing and getting caught (that extra adrenaline boost). Then again, this is far from the hardest QTE game I've ever played (I plat'd Indigo Prophecy, which has the worst QTEs ever).

Edited by bud-arc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

But you can buy a new game at launch? One month of plus is not much money. All I'm saying is, at what point do you think you're wasting too much time on something that can be remedied by something you could have access to. There's two things you invest in everything: time and money. It's up to you to decide which has more value in your situation. 

Dude stop being mean. The game was $30 not $60 or up. And buying PS + for $10 a month would be more than $60 for a year 

Edited by sealightbreeze

51 minutes ago, bud-arc said:

You don't need to make a backup save (I never did). All you have to do is complete the game, then reload the chapter (pick new save each time) and repeat (load your completed game) each time you fail. It happens right at the beginning of the chapter, so it shouldn't take too long to get back there.

I don't know if it's just me, but I never had any problem with the heartbeat scenes. Maybe because I was too tense in the moment and paranoid of failing and getting caught (that extra adrenaline boost). Then again, this is far from the hardest QTE game I've ever played (I plat'd Indigo Prophecy, which has the worst QTEs ever).

This is the only way. If you can bear the long walk to that point. (Sometimes I wish you can fucking run in this game.)

It was my last trophy before platinum, and then after a lot of trying I realised how stupid I am. I always beated the first heartbeat outside the room, then inside the room you just need to beat first heartbeat. I was always using to stay hidden after that.

If you choose that  --- then one mistake and you do not GET A CHANCE to take a rebreather with you.

BUT if you say - lets run for it - you take rebreather and have QTE at the end - the triangle button and scene is done. That's how stupid I was. In so many playtroughs, never choose other option....

4 hours ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

I'm not trying to be mean. My apologies if I came across that way. You can buy plus for one month at a time and not have to keep replaying the story. 

Thank you. It came out nasty before. I appreciate the apology. I apologize too

4 hours ago, Rakinho993 said:

It was my last trophy before platinum, and then after a lot of trying I realised how stupid I am. I always beated the first heartbeat outside the room, then inside the room you just need to beat first heartbeat. I was always using to stay hidden after that.

If you choose that  --- then one mistake and you do not GET A CHANCE to take a rebreather with you.

BUT if you say - lets run for it - you take rebreather and have QTE at the end - the triangle button and scene is done. That's how stupid I was. In so many playtroughs, never choose other option....

Seriously? So you just need to beat the first entire section inside the hallway once? Then run? My problem, is actually getting to the part that asks run or hide ... I’ll try tomorrow morning to get there. Thank you ? 

Also, do you double tap real fast? What’s the secret? Thank you 

• Like 1

Yeah, I double tapped quite fast ? but hey...really tried in every playthrough. It is with this method I succeded immediately. Just dont let it bother you because you need to do so many playthroughs so you dont need to chapter repeat it. Repeat it at the end if you dont get it. Also always try to get the rebreather immediately with you and finish first sequence...then you can always repeat chapter junior with rebreather instead of depths to take a rebreather.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...