Uncharted 3 Co op trophies still obtainable in offline co op mode (split screen)

9 hours ago, shaunsheep677 said:

Collector is definitely unobtainable because treasures won't drop in offline split screen for PvP matches like deathmatch. You can't level up in them either, because once I finished a match my level was reset.

Even though I haven't personally tested it, from what I've read online I'm pretty sure the same will apply to LAN regarding Collector.

As for Hoarder though I'm not entirely sure. Since I never invested any time doing them while the servers were still up I don't have any experience if treasures obtained on Hard are rarer, I would think they are.

I'm guess I'm not the best person to ask because I completely ignored the treasures, as I thought it was a hard enough boost with grinding the kills and getting things like Overseer etc. 

I would like 100% confirmation if Triumvirate or Look Out Below are obtainable in LAN or not, as those were the only other trophies I wanted to get but ran out of time for. If they are I would look into using this XLINKAI thing.

I think that you are mixing "Hoarder" and "Collector", "Hoarder" has PvP treasures so until now is unobtainable, "Collector" in the other hand is full of co-op treasures so "we think" that is still doable (since you can get treasures on co-op offline), gladly Clavietka is very advanced on that trophy so maybe he could gave us some good news soon, I think that what Clavietka means with the hard runs on adventure is that he didn't get the sets of hard adventure for the "Hoarder" trophy EVEN if there is some way to get the PvP treasures in the future... It as just some sort of info, nothing more...

"Look out below" is obtainable via xLinkKai, Clavietka and I got it this weekend that way, the only thing that you need to have in mind is that you need to be the one in COOP to get trophies for medals (Statuesque, Look Out Below, etc... Anything that has a medal on it... So practically every trophy XD), the ones that join in LAN doesn't get the trophies..... So what this means? If 3 people joins to get Overseer they will need to do it three times, each one as the host in coop to get the trophy. (Maybe I need to explain it a little more, the only way to play coop using xLinkKai is that the host is using the co-op menu and the other 2 ppl join them from the LAN menu, that's why the people that join the game via LAN doesn't get trophies or advance on medals/treasures)

And we got "I'm on a roll" this weekend using xLinkKai so I'm 90% sure that Triumvirate, Overseer and similar can be gotten this way... But of course we had to do it two times, once for each of us...

3 hours ago, william_wlsn said:

i'm having trouble to get buddy system trohy, i can't even select coop mode without getting the message "error: authentication failed". i've been trying for a week to fix this. can someone help me?

I don't know if you can get "Buddy System" in co-op offline, but you have the retail version of the GOTY Uncharted 3? It seems that you can't play co-op offline on the digital version, and that message looks like you are trying to join the online version?

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

If you play co op adventure on hard you can get both sets of treasures,the ones that drop on hard/crushing which are considered rare and it may require you to kill that boss a lot of times,like 20 to get them,and also easy/medium treasures which are common.

Yes,that message sound like he has digital version.

Edited by blazkowicz6

9 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I think that you are mixing "Hoarder" and "Collector", "Hoarder" has PvP treasures so until now is unobtainable, "Collector" in the other hand is full of co-op treasures so "we think" that is still doable (since you can get treasures on co-op offline), gladly Clavietka is very advanced on that trophy so maybe he could gave us some good news soon, I think that what Clavietka means with the hard runs on adventure is that he didn't get the sets of hard adventure for the "Hoarder" trophy EVEN if there is some way to get the PvP treasures in the future... It as just some sort of info, nothing more...

"Look out below" is obtainable via xLinkKai, Clavietka and I got it this weekend that way, the only thing that you need to have in mind is that you need to be the one in COOP to get trophies for medals (Statuesque, Look Out Below, etc... Anything that has a medal on it... So practically every trophy XD), the ones that join in LAN doesn't get the trophies..... So what this means? If 3 people joins to get Overseer they will need to do it three times, each one as the host in coop to get the trophy. (Maybe I need to explain it a little more, the only way to play coop using xLinkKai is that the host is using the co-op menu and the other 2 ppl join them from the LAN menu, that's why the people that join the game via LAN doesn't get trophies or advance on medals/treasures)

And we got "I'm on a roll" this weekend using xLinkKai so I'm 90% sure that Triumvirate, Overseer and similar can be gotten this way... But of course we had to do it two times, once for each of us...

I don't know if you can get "Buddy System" in co-op offline, but you have the retail version of the GOTY Uncharted 3? It seems that you can't play co-op offline on the digital version, and that message looks like you are trying to join the online version?

Yeah I'm confusing the two lol. I haven't played U3 for over a month now so I'm gradually forgetting stuff. Collector is the one we are unsure about. Hoarder is the one I'm convinced is unobtainable.

Fantastic!!! So basically what you're saying is when you use this XLINKAI thing, that only the host in LAN gets the trophy not the the other two players who have joined. So you have to repeat it two more times if they need it.

I'm down for trying this if anyone else still needs All Together Now/Triumvirate and Look Out Below.

However, someone is going to have to explain how I use this XLINKAI programme as I'm not aware how it works. It would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, william_wlsn said:

I have the digital version because my ps3 doesn't read disc anymore. Thanks anyway. I will just play the game and forget about the platinum trophy

The online servers closed on the 3rd September 2019. It sounds like you're trying to play online, because that's the message you will get if you try to connect.

This post is for discussing which trophies are still possible to get post-shutdown, using offline split screen mode (you will need a physical GOTY Edition for this, digital version is now useless) or LAN using a program called XLINK (again digital version is useless).

It seems all co op trophies are still obtainable (the ones which have been confirmed are on the first page). Some of these are really difficult, nigh impossible to get on your own though so you need a physical partner to play in split screen with you, or play in LAN using XLINKAI (I've never used this though yet so someone else will have to explain it). 

It's worth mentioning that levelling up your offline split screen profile so you get access to the weapon upgrades and better perks will make it easier to get some of the more 'challenging' co op trophies like We Can Kill It.

That reminds me, I forgot to update the main list. I'll do it later.

2 hours ago, shaunsheep677 said:

Yeah I'm confusing the two lol. I haven't played U3 for over a month now so I'm gradually forgetting stuff. Collector is the one we are unsure about. Hoarder is the one I'm convinced is unobtainable.

Fantastic!!! So basically what you're saying is when you use this XLINKAI thing, that only the host in LAN gets the trophy not the the other two players who have joined. So you have to repeat it two more times if they need it.

I'm down for trying this if anyone else still needs All Together Now/Triumvirate and Look Out Below.

However, someone is going to have to explain how I use this XLINKAI programme as I'm not aware how it works. It would be greatly appreciated.

Technically the host never enters LAN, he enters in co-op offline and the ones in LAN "join him", thats why it works for the host.

I can help you with "Look Out Below" if you want, as I said we did it with Clavietka this weekend, and I'm in to try the other 2, since we need to repeat it some times for each one of us.

This video shows how to use xLinkKai, once you get the gist of it is pretty easy and useful...

• Like 1

On 13/11/2019 at 5:22 PM, DeepEyes7 said:

Technically the host never enters LAN, he enters in co-op offline and the ones in LAN "join him", thats why it works for the host.

I can help you with "Look Out Below" if you want, as I said we did it with Clavietka this weekend, and I'm in to try the other 2, since we need to repeat it some times for each one of us.

This video shows how to use xLinkKai, once you get the gist of it is pretty easy and useful...

Watched the video.

I use Wi-Fi for both my PC and PS3, I no longer use an Ethernet cable. So is it impossible to do this without an Ethernet cable?

7 minutes ago, shaunsheep677 said:

Watched the video.

I use Wi-Fi for both my PC and PS3, I no longer use an Ethernet cable. So is it impossible to do this without an Ethernet cable?

Yeah, it's possible, but with wired connection is more stable. I tested both.

Edited by DeepEyes7

With all respect, mr Shaunsheep, the only way that HOARDER can be declared unobtainable is if:

A: treasures aren't saved on your LAN profile

B: treasures exclusive to competitive modes (plunder, deathmatch, etc) don't drop on LAN when your boosting partner is killed

C: the game locks the specific trophy from poping in LAN

About intem C: Currently, we do know that you CAN'T unlock co-op trophies (like "I'm on a roll") via your LAN profile, with four exeptions: the trophies for finishing adenture/arena on hard/crushing without losing a single life. We can glitch those by using the "disconect cable" method. Maybe they only work because of their glitchy nature.

Mr DeepEyes7 and me are working on the COLLECTOR trophy, which I highly suspect is obtainable. We have discovered through testing that the game will drop a treasure when you kill an enemy after 25 minutes have passed without a single treasure having been collected. The most interesting part is that it works for EACH OF YOUR CONTROLLED CHARACTERS. So you get two treasures 100% of the time under those specific conditions. He has been experimenting playing Shades on the Fort on normal difficulty. I've been playing Arena on Desert Village on hard. The process can be somewhat AFKed. I'm using a youtube video that works as a 25 minutes timer.

I would deeply appreciate if someone with more knowledge on this game could tell us a location on any of the maps where enemies can't get to. 

BTW, I'm now missing only 8 treasures, all of them RARE from Arena.

• Like 2

@shaunsheep677

I stand corrected: the hoarder trophy is seemingly impossible to obtain simply because the treasures don't drop for the competitive modes on LAN.

Me and @DeepEyes7 are still hunting the antiquity set (collector trophy). I'm currently missing just 7 rare treasures. He is in a similar position. We are both doing the semi-AFK method we've invented.

You should download XLINK KAI and the three of us should attempt Triumvirate during the week. We are going to tackle Overseer on Sunday. Those (and the hard difficulty variants) are the only trophies we are missing, and the only ones still pending for confirmation. You should update your list. 

To anyone still interested in this research:

All of the trophies have been confirmed, with the exception of "Overseer" (it will come eventually, I'm sure of it) and "Collector".

The last trophies to be obtained by me and DeepEyes7 where "Triumvirate" and "All together now".

As for collector, I'm still half-AFK farming treasures on arena (airstrip-crushing). I'm missing 6 rare treasures. Across the attempts from me and DeepEyes7, the only treasures that still haven't appeared are:

gilt tara ruby
wraithful deity ivory
emerald stickeye head
lion nepal bronze

The psnprofiles and playstation trophies guides should be updated in regards to DLC trophies.

• Like 1

On 18/11/2019 at 9:39 AM, Clavietka said:

@shaunsheep677

I stand corrected: the hoarder trophy is seemingly impossible to obtain simply because the treasures don't drop for the competitive modes on LAN.

Me and @DeepEyes7 are still hunting the antiquity set (collector trophy). I'm currently missing just 7 rare treasures. He is in a similar position. We are both doing the semi-AFK method we've invented.

You should download XLINK KAI and the three of us should attempt Triumvirate during the week. We are going to tackle Overseer on Sunday. Those (and the hard difficulty variants) are the only trophies we are missing, and the only ones still pending for confirmation. You should update your list. 

Yes that's what I've been trying to say. The treasures never drop in the competitive modes, so it's completely unobtainable. 

19 hours ago, Clavietka said:

To anyone still interested in this research:

All of the trophies have been confirmed, with the exception of "Overseer" (it will come eventually, I'm sure of it) and "Collector".

The last trophies to be obtained by me and DeepEyes7 where "Triumvirate" and "All together now".

As for collector, I'm still half-AFK farming treasures on arena (airstrip-crushing). I'm missing 6 rare treasures. Across the attempts from me and DeepEyes7, the only treasures that still haven't appeared are:

gilt tara ruby
wraithful deity ivory
emerald stickeye head
lion nepal bronze

The psnprofiles and playstation trophies guides should be updated in regards to DLC trophies.

Haven't been on for awhile due to being ill. I've put yes by everything on the main page except for Overseer and Collector. 

If you want me to put your ID's next to the ones you personally earned could you list who earned them just so it makes it easier for me so I don't have to look through previous posts. Or I could just put both of your ID's next to each one if you want.

15 hours ago, shaunsheep677 said:

Haven't been on for awhile due to being ill. I've put yes by everything on the main page except for Overseer and Collector.

And "Look out bellow, which you forgot. DeepEyes7 got it. I got "Triumvirate" and "All together now first" (well, we got it at the same time, but I'm listed first).

Damn! I'm now missing only 4 treasures, and they sure as hell are refusing to drop...

Gilt Tara Ruby (never seen)

Emerald Stickeye Head (never seen)

Lion Nepal Bronze (never seen)

Gold Pisces (I grabbed it with my 2nd controller and it didn't count, my mistake)

Doing the remaining trophies now is way harder than before the shutdown. You must all have great patience for putting up with it. The fact that you have to redo Overseer 3 separate times, is insane. Especially, when considering the amount of time and effort expended to get to that point, only to fail. 

Although, I dont particularly understand the reason you'd all go to great lengths to earn trophies on the DLC, when you can't even earn the 100%. If you already have the Competitive based trophies, I can see why you're motivated. But, this is a needless effort for barely any compensation. 

Still though, those of you doing this have earned my respect. Best of luck!

On 12/12/2019 at 2:12 PM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Doing the remaining trophies now is way harder than before the shutdown. You must all have great patience for putting up with it. The fact that you have to redo Overseer 3 separate times, is insane. Especially, when considering the amount of time and effort expended to get to that point, only to fail. 

Although, I dont particularly understand the reason you'd all go to great lengths to earn trophies on the DLC, when you can't even earn the 100%. If you already have the Competitive based trophies, I can see why you're motivated. But, this is a needless effort for barely any compensation. 

Still though, those of you doing this have earned my respect. Best of luck!

Well, at least in my case, I don't have the excuse that these 23 or 24 trophies were online and are now unobtainable. I treat them as offline singleplayer/co-operative trophies now that I've bought a physical GotY edition.

Would I rather like to have 100%? OF COURSE. But it's not like my profile is '100%able' anyways. I should have bought the GotY edition long ago, but I didn't know it came with all of the DLC. I've never considered buying the DLC for this. I abhor competitive MP and its trophies, and the treasure hunting always scared me (and here I am...). The only reason why I 100%ed U2 and rationalized this one is because they made the DLC free.

But at least I find comfort that I didn't get just a few - and not all - of the competitive trophies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clavietka said:

Well, at least in my case, I don't have the excuse that these 23 or 24 trophies were online and are now unobtainable. I treat them as offline singleplayer/co-operative trophies now that I've bought a physical GotY edition.

Would I rather like to have 100%? OF COURSE. But it's not like my profile is '100%able' anyways. I should have bought the GotY edition long ago, but I didn't know it came with all of the DLC. I've never considered buying the DLC for this. I abhor competitive MP and its trophies, and the treasure hunting always scared me (and here I am...). The only reason why I 100%ed U2 and rationalized this one is because they made the DLC free.

But at least I find comfort that I didn't get just a few - and not all - of the competitive trophies.

U3 DLC was also free during the shutdown, but the co op had some issues that only worked if you had a Portugese account.

As far as the GOTY thing, you could've found out by asking the community a question. 

As far as the treasures, I can give you that. As someone who has got the 100% in Uncharted 3 twice, the treasures were obnoxious.

Uncharted 2 I found to be more annoying with the 2 difficulty runs on the 3 co-op maps. I'm glad Uncharted 3 had a workaround that consisted of 1 run and only had to be done in two distinct modes.

• 3 weeks later...