Costume Collection trophies bugged

Halon_50

It's unfortunate, but it appears that the Collect 20 Costumes, and Collect All Costumes trophies are bugged.

This may have to do with me accidentally activating New Game + mode in my first walkthrough by accident - I held the activate button next to the #3 NG+ spot because I thought it was a treasure room, then went to the Neutral Ending because I had no idea what was in that room.

Fortunately if you don't activate the NG+ shortcuts, it appears that the Costume Collection trophies work fine, as someone in the EU trophy list has the 20 costume trophy, but this means you'll have to do 2 legit playthroughs first to get all the sidequest costumes before doing a quick NG+ third game for the final ending.

I have the 20 Costumes Collection trophy. Sadly I can't remember how I got it to pop but it was very delayed. However, the trophy for acquiring all costumes is bugged. I have collected everything (beaten the game 4 times now) and no matter what I do, the trophy will not pop. I have sent the devs a mail without response. Gonna make a post on their forums as well.

Reinstalling the game and downloading my save from the Cloud does not seem to work.

On another note, the trophy The Prosecutor has completely glitched on me. I have done this bossfight around 3 times now, if not more, and each time I've spared his life, yet no trophy pops. I know people have this trophy but it seems as if several trophies on this list are a bit wonky.

The trophy also remains locked in the "Achievements" tab. Hopefully this will get fixed soon. I enjoyed the game but I don't want to resort to starting from scratch to possibly get these trophies to pop.

Edited by SinisterPledge

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

@SinisterPledge Do you have any news on this?

I'm interested in the game for a few reasons, but I refuse to buy it if the plat isn't achievable (the plat starting by Q is one of the reasons why I would buy it..). 

The developer responded on October 2nd saying that they would patch the game if they found the trophy to be glitched. Keyword is if. Kinda bugs me since it's quite easy to determine, considering no one has it on PSN. No patch as of yet and I don't have much faith. The dev is pushing for their next game now so I think this will remain unobtainable.

I'd therefore advise against starting this for now. But please feel free to add some pressure to the devs by contacting them on twitter about this issue. The devs are: Devespresso Games.

Edited by SinisterPledge

Ok, that's sad.. It's like they are just turning a blind eye to it.. And from what I saw, it's not just psn, no one got the achievement on Xbox either.. 

I don't have a twitter account, so, all I can do is wait, but seeing how under the radar and niche this game is, they probably will never admit that it is glitched and patch it.. 

Still, as I said before, I will only buy the game after the trophy becomes achievable, even if I'm kind of curious to try to replicate whatever you did and forgot to get the 20 costumes trophy, maybe that would help to understand what's really going on, because at least 2 people, you and a Japanese player (that doesn't look like a big trophy hunter) were able to get that trophy, maybe the same "thing" is needed to trigger the other trophy, but it's glitched for sure. 

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, gernboes said:

In the EU Stack some people have the Platinum - not here on psnprofiles, but on PSN in general, anybody knows if there has been a patch in the meantime?

There was talk about a patch on September or something for the Switch version, that would eventually be released on the other systems, but I was never able to find if it was already released and what was the content of the patch.. 

By searching on psn for the name of the latest player here (to reach the trophy list), I did notice that 1 of his 2 trophy lists for this game had a 0.7% rarity, so, there's someone that got it somehow. 

Now I'm a bit more tempted to buy it (it's also on sale in EU, that's why I checked for info again..). 

This is now patched as of late last week. The platinum is finally, after months of waiting, achievable.

That said, the person who got the plat before the patch (the one who increased the PSN rarity to 0.8%) is either a dev or a cheater.

Edited by SinisterPledge
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SinisterPledge said:

This is now patched as of late last week. The platinum is finally, after months of waiting, achievable.

That said, the person who got the plat before the patch (the one who increased the PSN rarity to 0.8%) is either a dev or a cheater.

Cool! 

Now to buy it! 

Also, congrats on the plat! 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Not sure about the state of the game a few months ago, but I got the platinum following the guide on TrueAchievements without problem.

The trophies linked to choices don’t usually unlock right away - you often need to speak to someone in town in the “intermission” for them to pop.

Otherwise, I did complete the three endings on three different save slots just to be safe, as apparently the costumes might not register otherwise.

I really liked the game - but could have gone with one playthrough instead of three as your choices don’t impact anything in-game besides a few images...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 9/16/2021 at 1:06 AM, Slickerrr- said:

Collected all the costumes and trophy didn't pop. The last costume i obtained was the Assassin's Bodysuit and nothing. walked around for a while and went to the costume closet with no luck.

I'm on the same boat. I got all trophies but the one for all costumes. I even got them all on 3 save files since I read that you aren't suppose to delete any save files where you got a costume. Also once you best the game that save slot is used and you are only given 3 slots. This kinda thing has been happening more and more with indie games where they put a game in PSN then trophies are bugged and they never patch. I think game came out in 2019 so I don't expect them to patch the game.

On 9/18/2021 at 7:00 PM, Xtree said:

I'm on the same boat. I got all trophies but the one for all costumes. I even got them all on 3 save files since I read that you aren't suppose to delete any save files where you got a costume. Also once you best the game that save slot is used and you are only given 3 slots. This kinda thing has been happening more and more with indie games where they put a game in PSN then trophies are bugged and they never patch. I think game came out in 2019 so I don't expect them to patch the game.

Sucks to be us.