Soul Calibur II HD

Lady Lilith

This HD remake still won't make up for the god-awful messes that were Soul Caliburs IV and V. Seriously, it's time to hang up the Soul series for good, Namco Bandai. Even Tekken Revolution is considered a disaster as well from loyal fans of the series. :P

I didn't think SoulCalibur IV was so much of a mess, aside from the guest characters. After recently playing through the majority of V I have to say they didn't do too much to impress me. It also feels like the games haven't really been scaled since I've played them. This will be a nice nostalgia kick, but that's about it. Heihachi was the worst one they could've put in the game simply because Spawn and Link were more interesting. I'll play this regardless, I won't be so quick to purchase any sequel however.

As for Tekken Revolution, it wasn't the worst thing I've ever played. The inclusion of the "special" moves and allowing some of them to bypass standard moves was a bit much. I'd be harder on Tekken Revolution but the game was free, so I don't really care about it's shortcomings as much as I did Tekken 6 after a while. :lol:

this is a good news to me, i still own the ps2 original along with SC3 but my ps2 don't works anymore :'( Soul Calibur 2 is my no.1 favorite SC game to dates, i think i'll pick it up when it's released, something is telling me that it's trophies will gonna be a pain to get.

but wait.... the original is released back then on ps2, xbox and gamecube.... the HD will be for ps3 and 360...... why no Wii U then? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...