2013-2014 Premier League season

Skippy

Fantasy League Gameweek 9:

# Team Manager GW TOT same.png 1 Mucky Duck Mayhem Chris Reeve 68 522 same.png 2 SC Timon timothy anane 80 511 same.png 3 Skipsters United David Skip 78 499 same.png 4 The Lost and Damned Che Moore 61 475 same.png 5 Galway Raiders Taidgh Malone 65 468 up.png 6 Gotaki FC Nathan McGreal 53 444 down.png 7 Origin FC Adam Connelly 44 439 same.png 8 Sin Miedo simon connelly 67 434 up.png 9 Da Ghana Sauna Fever Nag Flar 69 429 down.png 10 Scoregasm minesh joshi 48 415 up.png 11 The Dark Angels II Iway Nugroho 81 398 down.png 12 Ritron FC Matthew Black 42 377

Keep it up Joe :)

1380664_717762921585676_1985906834_n.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone watched the Cup matches? I was watching United's (and was falling asleep near the end lol), and, due to that, could only watch a few minutes of Arsenal - Chelsea. However, what I did see was Arsenal being useless and uncreative. Ifa anyone could share their thoughts on the match, I'd appreciate it :P.

I thought before today's matches that Arsenal v Liverpool would really show how much of a title shout both teams had this season, and in my opinion Arsenal's win and clean sheet against the other form team in the PL just cemented them as the real title favourites. I may be being short-sighted but I'm definitely not biased, I'm a Spurs fan :P

# Team Manager GW TOT same.png 1 Mucky Duck Mayhem Chris Reeve 89 611 same.png 2 SC Timon timothy anane 64 575 new.png 3 Nice To Michu Wayne Swan 80 556 down.png 4 Skipsters United David Skip 56 551 same.png 5 Galway Raiders Taidgh Malone 78 546 down.png 6 The Lost and Damned Che Moore 46 521 same.png 7 Origin FC Adam Connelly 59 498 up.png 8 Da Ghana Sauna Fever Nag Flar 68 497 down.png 9 Gotaki FC Nathan McGreal 42 486 down.png 10 Sin Miedo simon connelly 43 477 same.png 11 The Dark Angels II Iway Nugroho 83 477 down.png 12 Scoregasm minesh joshi 36 451 down.png 13 Ritron FC Matthew Black 29 406

Off on holiday for two weeks tomorrow. I will try and update this while I'm away if I'm able to.

Reaper_D_Ace, it looks like you had nothing to fear.

Chelsea vs West Bromwich match ended in a 2-2 draw due to a flop in extra time. I personally thought it was a foul at first but when they showed the replay, it was evident that he flopped. It was a good physical game to the last minute untill that flop gave Chelsea the benefit and West Bromwich to lose the lead, which was a little disappointing.

Liverpool looked brilliant today. Granted it was against an in trouble Fulham, but I was extemely pleased with the quality of play. Wish we would have shown that last weekend at the Emirates. Can't wait to watch the Gunners and Man U go at it tomorrow. As much as I hate Man U I want that gap closed between us and the top of the table. 

Match of the season so far today. Forget Man Utd / Liverpool, Man Utd / Arsenal should be an absolutely fantastic match. So much so that I think I'll actually watch the entire thing and not just highlights on MotD tonight :P

I bet you wish you only watched the highlights.

• 2 weeks later...

# Team Manager GW TOT same.png 1 Mucky Duck Mayhem Chris Reeve 37 648 same.png 2 SC Timon timothy anane 63 630 up.png 3 Skipsters United David Skip 74 621 down.png 4 Nice To Michu Wayne Swan 39 595 same.png 5 Galway Raiders Taidgh Malone 41 587 up.png 6 Da Ghana Sauna Fever Nag Flar 61 558 down.png 7 The Lost and Damned Che Moore 36 557 down.png 8 Origin FC Adam Connelly 38 536 up.png 9 The Dark Angels II Iway Nugroho 55 532 same.png 10 Sin Miedo simon connelly 52 529 down.png 11 Gotaki FC Nathan McGreal 32 518 same.png 12 Scoregasm minesh joshi 47 498 same.png 13 Ritron FC Matthew Black 44 450 - See more at: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/157918/standings/#sthash.QBKy2Ne2.dpuf

City look unbeatable at home and what has happened to Tottenham in recent weeks? December is always a good month for football and we will see in Jan who will be challenging but so far this season has been strange. Obviously all the managerial changes has had some impact.
# Team Manager GW TOT same.png 1 Mucky Duck Mayhem Chris Reeve 62 710 same.png 2 SC Timon timothy anane 69 695 same.png 3 Skipsters United David Skip 51 672 same.png 4 Nice To Michu Wayne Swan 70 661 same.png 5 Galway Raiders Taidgh Malone 57 644 up.png 6 The Lost and Damned Che Moore 44 601 up.png 7 Origin FC Adam Connelly 57 593 down.png 8 Da Ghana Sauna Fever Nag Flar 33 591 up.png 9 Sin Miedo simon connelly 61 590 down.png 10 The Dark Angels II Iway Nugroho 66 590 same.png 11 Gotaki FC Nathan McGreal 54 572 same.png 12 Scoregasm minesh joshi 31 529 same.png 13 Ritron FC Matthew Black 44 494

It's been a dire two weeks for me in terms of Fantasy Football. :(

Still plenty of time to turn it around.

what has happened to Tottenham in recent weeks?

What I worried would happen.. Too many new players not gelling properly. Most of them seem to have been bought without a clear plan at the moment. Plus Townsend, as good as he has been this season, can't provide enough service to Soldado (who additionally is nowhere in every single game at the moment). We have too many central attacking midfielders for our best winger to drift in constantly!

AVB needs to start Defoe until he can work out a solution for delivering the ball on a plate to Soldado more often, or play both of them together (my preferred option), as they are never going to score regular goals in a 4-5-1 with the 1 constantly dropping deep/drifting wide and getting himself in useless positions.

Still looking forward to Spurs v Man Utd on Sunday!

• Like 1

What I worried would happen.. Too many new players not gelling properly. Most of them seem to have been bought without a clear plan at the moment. Plus Townsend, as good as he has been this season, can't provide enough service to Soldado (who additionally is nowhere in every single game at the moment). We have too many central attacking midfielders for our best winger to drift in constantly!

AVB needs to start Defoe until he can work out a solution for delivering the ball on a plate to Soldado more often, or play both of them together (my preferred option), as they are never going to score regular goals in a 4-5-1 with the 1 constantly dropping deep/drifting wide and getting himself in useless positions.

Is Lamela injured or something? He was rather competitive at Roma before, so I figured he'd perform very well with the Ham of Tott.

Is Lamela injured or something? He was rather competitive at Roma before, so I figured he'd perform very well with the Ham of Tott.

Nah, he came on as a late sub in the Europa League earlier tonight - just don't think AVB knows quite how to fit him into the starting 11 yet, and he's usually pretty quiet when he does come on.. Fingers crossed he'll settle down soon and start showing his quality.

I totally agree with everything. As a Spurs fan, it pains me to see Bale doing so well for Madrid, and hurts additionally because he's probably made the right choice. £111 million spent on 6 midfielders is stupid considering we need a defender who isn't injury prone and at least 2 new strikers. I think Adebayor would work well together with Soldado seeing as they are opposite types of player. As much I would like to see Defoe and Soldado together in a 4-4-2, I fear they are too similar player ie fox-in-the-box Edited by KILLA_KEN1988

I totally agree with everything. As a Spurs fan, it pains me to see Bale doing so well for Madrid, and hurts additionally because he's probably made the right choice. £111 million spent on 6 midfielders is stupid considering we need a defender who isn't injury prone and at least 2 new strikers. I think Adebayor would work well together with Soldado seeing as they are opposite types of player. As much I would like to see Defoe and Soldado together in a 4-4-2, I fear they are too similar player ie fox-in-the-box

Completely forgot about Adebayor, says a lot really  :blink: you are probably right about Soldado/Defoe though. 

The only benefit of having so many midfielders is that hopefully we'll be able to stay fresher than the competition later into the season - might be an AVB master-stroke  :rolleyes:

Had to right click to check a master-stroke was definitely a real thing and Chrome suggested 'toastmaster' and this pleases me

Really impressed by the progress Arsenal has made this season so far. They play like a team with good chemistry and the acquisition of Özil was a great move they pulled there. He really sparks that playmaking, the Gunners were lacking in recent years.

Hopefully, City will get back into the top 3 soon. A 6-0 blowout against the Spurs was certainly a warning for the rest of the league.

Should be a good match tomorrow and both teams need the win after Arsenal won again today. A loss for either team would mean being behind by ten points and even at this stage of the season that's a big lead.