2013-2014 Premier League season

Skippy

A bit fortunate today with the refereeing decisions against West Ham but a win is a win. This wasn't the first time a game was decided due to poor referee decisions and it won't be the last. I am beginning to really dream now Liverpool can win that league title :rolleyes:

Everton played us off the pitch and with that result they deserve fourth spot, maybe it's time for Wenger to leave the the club as he has no plan B when things ain't going our way and he has been found some many times I have lost count.

The way this season is going we will be lucky to win the FA Cup at this rate, no lie.

I think you have a real good chance of winning the F.A. cup as you are the favourites after all. It all depends which Arsenal turn up on the day though, as they have been a bit inconsistent at times this season. Wenger has only got 2 months or so left on his contract so you never know what will happen with him. I don't think he spent the money he needed in the transfer window that he needed to and seemed happy just to be in the top 4 as a result. Hard to believe it's the same Arsenal team that only a few weeks ago were top of the league and were quite a few points in front. Got to love football when things go right you feel great, when they go wrong you sulk and feel crap for days. (or is that just me lol)

I'd quite like to see Liverpool win the league, but I can't see them beating City or Chelsea tone honest. They've out scored everyone this season, but if there is 2 teams they wont out score, it's them 2.

Also as a Tottenham fan I'd just like to say we've been rubbish from October onwards and if we finish 7th or lower it's no more than we deserve.

I'd quite like to see Liverpool win the league, but I can't see them beating City or Chelsea tone honest. They've out scored everyone this season, but if there is 2 teams they wont out score, it's them 2.

Also as a Tottenham fan I'd just like to say we've been rubbish from October onwards and if we finish 7th or lower it's no more than we deserve.

Can't really see them dropping below 7th, and even being passed by United might not happen, so I don't think you should worry. What you should worry and complain about is how those millions of bucks you got from Bale have been wasted lol.

Can't really see them dropping below 7th, and even being passed by United might not happen, so I don't think you should worry. What you should worry and complain about is how those millions of bucks you got from Bale have been wasted lol.

I'd love to agree, but after the shambles on Saturday, we'll be lucky if we finish above Newcastle lol. Ok that's an exaggeration lol

I agree about the money but I don't think they where AVB's signings to be honest, guaranteed at least 3 weren't.

Well done Sunderland for coming back from behind to beat Chelski, going a goal down gave Sunderland a good kick up the arse and it showed straight after the opening goal from Eto'o.

I have said before and I'll say it again, as a neutral I would Liverpool to win the title and hope they get a result at Norwich tomorrow.

If David Moyes couldn't find a way to defeat an Everton team he had 11 years experience of managing, coupled with the other dire results this season, then the United board have no choice. It was truly the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Would you hand him €200 million on the back of this season? 

Fuck no.

Edited by Gotakibono

I really hope that they will sack him, it has been nothing but disappointment this season. Rumours are that Giggs will be manager for the remaining 4 matches and Diego Simmons, Jurgen Klopp and Laureant Blanc are favourites for the position next season. :hmm:

Jurgen Klopp is the man I've wanted since I heard Ferguson was retiring; he's got a proven track record, and his press conferences alone are a joy to behold. He'd also get the best out of Kagawa, a player whom I believe to be one of the best attacking midfielders in the world when utilised correctly. 

Edited by Gotakibono

Jurgen Klopp is the man I've wanted since I heard Ferguson was retiring; he's got a proven track record, and his press conferences alone are a joy to behold. He'd also get the best out of Kagawa, a player whom I believe to be one of the best attacking midfielders in the world when utilised correctly.

Just read online that Klopp is #1 on the list only if he is willing to leave Dortmund. I'm not quite sure whether this will happen since he had denied an offer from Barcelona just to stay at Dortmund. But if this happens United will have a huge turnaround in their form, and Kagawa will me more favoured that's for sure. Still waiting on confirmation about Moyes being sacked. (Please let it be true :kies: )

Moyes will get sacked I reckon but lets be honest, that squad is pretty poor. Ferguson managed to push the last bit out of them last season and retired at the right moment.

Wouldn't know who should replace Moyes though, surely won't be Klopp since hes already announced he will stay at BVB until atleast 2018 (and we don't want him gone :), also let's hope he keeps to his word).

Moyes will get sacked I reckon but lets be honest, that squad is pretty poor. Ferguson managed to push the last bit out of them last season and retired at the right moment.

Wouldn't know who should replace Moyes though, surely won't be Klopp since hes already announced he will stay at BVB until atleast 2018 (and we don't want him gone :), also let's hope he keeps to his word).

You are right, Moyes had inherited an ageing team from Ferguson but you cannot deny Moyes has been a failure with the club and he also had no support in the dressing room, which left him a sitting duck.

I have also heard rumours that Ferguson might make a comeback at the club until Guardiola or Mourinho becomes available which could be a very long time indeed.

If David Moyes couldn't find a way to defeat an Everton team he had 11 years experience of managing, coupled with the other dire results this season, then the United board have no choice. It was truly the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Would you hand him €200 million on the back of this season? 

Fuck no.

1507593_10203636276446983_34934114693165

You are right, Moyes had inherited an ageing team from Ferguson but you cannot deny Moyes has been a failure with the club and he also had no support in the dressing room, which left him a sitting duck.

I have also heard rumours that Ferguson might make a comeback at the club until Guardiola or Mourinho becomes available which could be a very long time indeed.

Mourinho will never be a manager at United. I'm sure about that. Guardilola might come to England when the time is right for him (When will that time come?!) As for Fergie's comeback, I highly doubt that will happen since he now has a full time job at Harvard. I agree that Moyes was given a ageing squad, but that's why he demanded that he wanted 3 years to settle. He's probably gonna be fired since United are gonna finish below the top 4. At the moment I'm not sure who will be a replacement. Klopp and Simeone are well settled at their respective clubs and I'm sure PSG will make sure Blanc stays. :hmm: What United need to do before next season is sell off players like Anderson, Nani, Young etc and bring in more quality players and build a solid Mid-Field. That would be their winning formula IMO.

Edit - Also wondering who will replace Vidic and Evra, also heard Ferdinand is gonna leave the club too. 'tis true?

Edited by IntenseFATE98

Disappointing to hear that Moyes got the sack but yeah it has been a diabolical season for utd right throughout. The thing is though, half the united squad have been underperforming and the fact that Moyes never chose a consistent starting XI also shows that he had no idea which team would give him a winning formula. Add to the fact that he drops close to 40m on Mata and plays him as a winger (lol) just shows his tactical prowess is definitely lacking. They should bring in someone british imo who knows the club and its traditions. Too many foreign coaches in the Premier league as it is.

I really hope that they will sack him, it has been nothing but disappointment this season. Rumours are that Giggs will be manager for the remaining 4 matches and Diego Simmons, Jurgen Klopp and Laureant Blanc are favourites for the position next season. :hmm:

Diego Simeone is not leaving Atletico anytime soon, so he's out of the question. I really hope Klopp becomes the new manager and that he refused Barcelona for personal reasons, not because he's willing to stay at Dortmund until the end of his contract (which is 2018 if I'm not mistaken).

Would definitely not want Blanc, though. He's not really that good.

As for Guardiola and Mourinho, Ferguson save us. Guardiola would try to copy Spain's tactical play (Bayern being irrefutable proof) and he's always been one that doesn't know what to do when he's losing or having troubles, relying solely on his players to do some brilliant play. Mourinho, on the other side, is proven to be very reliable when you want results, but wreaks havoc all over the team, going as far as benching his best players for whatever dumb reason he can come up with, so he's not someone you can count on for the long-run, which is what United wants and tried to do with Moyes who, aging team or not, showed he lacked a lot, with what Mcbeanster pointed out about Mata being a perfect example.

As for Van Gaal, I think he'd do a good job, but I sure as hell hope things don't go awry like they did for Barcelona during the end of his run (and what followed). Still, if that means 6 years later UEFA will gift us trophies, I'm in :P.

Edited by Nagflar

Diego Simeone is not leaving Atletico anytime soon, so he's out of the question. I really hope Klopp becomes the new manager and that he refused Barcelona for personal reasons, not because he's willing to stay at Dortmund until the end of his contract (which is 2018 if I'm not mistaken).

Would definitely not want Blanc, though. He's not really that good.

As for Guardiola and Mourinho, Ferguson save us. Guardiola would try to copy Spain's tactical play (Bayern being irrefutable proof) and he's always been one that doesn't know what to do when he's losing or having troubles, relying solely on his players to do some brilliant play. Mourinho, on the other side, is proven to be very reliable when you want results, but wreaks havoc all over the team, going as far as benching his best players for whatever dumb reason he can come up with, so he's not someone you can count on for the long-run, which is what United wants and tried to do with Moyes who, aging team or not, showed he lacked a lot, with what Mcbeanster pointed out about Mata being a perfect example.

As for Van Gaal, I think he'd do a good job, but I sure as hell hope things don't go awry like they did for Barcelona during the end of his run (and what followed). Still, if that means 6 years later UEFA will gift us trophies, I'm in :P.

Diego Simeone, Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola have all turned down the offer. I don't think Mourinho will join United since he's really loved at Chelsea. And Luis Van Gaal has already stated that he would love to take over the position at Old Trafford. I wonder whom the owners will choose :hmm: