Search bar for games within our PSNProfiles

So Ctrl+F isn't enough to scroll to the game you want to view? Okay, I'll take that.

I could say the same thing about using Ctrl+F on the Games section yet that won't search all games. Also Ctrl+F won't show only the games you want, it will still show others next to it. Ctrl+F only highlights the keyword on the page, not searching for games and eliminating others from sight which don't relate to the search. :D

Edited by GetMitched

Also, Ctrl+F (Command+F) won't find key words in any of the games that are "hidden." That is to say, if you've played 200 games, your page will be truncated to show the last 50 (I believe, the number may differ).  It is not until you scroll to the bottom of the page that more games appear.

For example, if I search for "uncharted" I only get two hits, both of which are milestone trophies.  I've played all three Uncharted games but searching does not find them unless I've previously scrolled through all of my games, to the bottom of the page.

I believe this could be a useful feature for those with a lot of games.  Get's my vote if it's not too difficult to implement :)

Edited by alesserevil

Here is how it could look like, similar to the one we have on the Games page but have this for our profiles.

qn5o3t.png

So the user types the game, and all related searches will pop up. This way with this design, the search bar feels like it blends in with the page and we have this cool feature instead of using Ctrl+F which picks up trophy milestones, recent trophies, trophy cabinet and the last 100 games you have played. It saves the scrolling and has the results pop up just under the search bar. Although its only worth implementing if it is easy to put in place.  :P

Edited by GetMitched
  • Like 2

Here is how it could look like, similar to the one we have on the Games page but have this for our profiles.

qn5o3t.png

So the user types the game, and all related searches will pop up. This way with this design, the search bar feels like it blends in with the page and we have this cool feature instead of using Ctrl+F which picks up trophy milestones, recent trophies, trophy cabinet and the last 100 games you have played. It saves the scrolling and has the results pop up just under the search bar. Although its only worth implementing if it is easy to put in place.  :P

Looks good enough to me, good job :D

• Like 1