Trophy Thoughts?

Burgins

• 1 month later...

Edit: Looks like they've managed to fix the final Green Beat problem with Version 1.05. Just got the plat, so assuming no new bugs came up with this patch, all the trophies should be fairly manageable to earn.

Couple of months late to reply, but I'm just about done with it and the trophy list isn't very difficult overall, but it does have one somewhat problematic trophy (at least at the moment). It's pretty short though; I would guesstimate about 8-10 hours to complete it normally, with maybe anywhere from 3-5 hours to get the plat. This is largely due to RNG of course, which leads to the only current problem with getting this plat...

I'm somewhat convinced that Magnum Opus (the collectible trophy) might be bugged. There's one final "beat" to collect in the Shifting Sands area, and it just refuses to appear.

Sparklite, as the name suggests, is a rogue-lite game, so the map randomizes. I'm not sure what the issue is with this one collectible (all the others had no real issues); the room/screen it appears on is either incredibly rare, or it may not exist at all. It's also a possibility it was placed in such a way that makes it nearly impossible to see, but I really have no idea.

There's a thread on Steam about it:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/943140/discussions/0/3356799628318870303/

The developer that replied hints that it should exist at least, but I'm not convinced quite yet. I've been re-rolling the map for literally hours now, and it still hasn't shown up. Some of the other collectibles took a few re-rolls, but this last one has been about 100x worse.

There is one other trophy that I thought was annoying, which was "Welcome Aboard" where you have to go find a NPC on the map (meaning he appears in a random spot) and play his very basic "game" 20 times. It's kind of annoying to hunt him down, but not hard if you use the patch that reveals the area and look for his house.

From what I can tell, the game may have been a bit buggy at release, but it has been patched at least once (including some QoL changes), so there's some hope they'll patch it again. I haven't ran into any problematic bugs that prevented any other completion, besides this issue with the last collectible.

In terms of gameplay, it kind of has some nods to Iconoclasts, where you equip different "patches" to make yourself stronger. It's top-down though so it overall feels more like the SNES Link to the Past. The first boss is actually probably the most difficult, only because you have access to so little at the beginning. Once you get passed it though, it's basically all downhill. If you die you end up going back to base, but you keep all your currency to spend on upgrades and whatnot.

So to anyone reading that is interested in this plat, it would be my suggestion to just keep tabs on it and see if these collectibles ever get patched. Currently it is quite maddening to keep re-rolling in order to get the item to appear. I'll certainly report back if I ever do find it.

Edited by Whirled03
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

*bump* I guess?

I just got the plat of the game and I could confirm that the Glitchy trophies have been fixed. Nothing is missable trophy-wise and it is actually fun. Welcome Aboard trophy became a chore for me in the end but aside from that, not a hard game to plat.

Oh... One thing tho, I thought there was a difficulty spike in the final boss but it turns out, you could merge/combine the patches :| only learned it after dying multiple times on the final boss(and almost rage quit) - dunno why the game didn't taught you that.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 04/11/2021 at 2:06 AM, LordBilbanes said:

This game is absolute fucking garbage.  The first boss is fucking insanely hard and can kill you in two hits on normal while being a fucking damage sponge.  Fuck this game.  Fuck its developer.  Fuck its publisher. 

By the first boss do you mean the Titanslayer of Vinelands? I found it too easy. Has the difficulty been reduced in an update or something?

• Like 1