Exclusive PS3/PS4 ACIV content detailed, Aveline again

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/29/4569738/assassins-creed-4-playstation-exclusive-aveline-missions-detailed

ac4_aveline.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

At E3 2013, Sony and Ubisoft announced a trio of missions exclusive to the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 versions of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag that feature a playable Aveline de Grandpré, the star of PlayStation Vita game Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation. Today, on its official blog, Ubisoft offered some new details on how that PlayStation-exclusive content will fit in Assassin's Creed 4's pirate setting.

Aveline's three missions, which equal about an hour of content, will take place after the events of Liberation.

"It's a ways forward so Aveline is a bit older," said Black Flag lead writer Darby McDevitt. "It's not directly related to the end of her story. If Assassin's Creed 4 is like a novel, Aveline's missions are like a short story."

Penning that "short story" is Jill Murray, the writer behind Liberation.

Aveline's missions will be a product of Abstergo Entertainment, the in-game corporation that develops entertainment experiences playable on a consumer version of the Animus, which has recovered new genetic memories of the Liberationassassin. For more on the story of Black Flag and its basis in historical fact and fantasy, read our interview with the game's lead writer and historian.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag will come to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U and Windows PC later this year.

Edited by Sonic

Aveline can go die in a fucking hole after the godforsaken awful experience I had with Assassins Creed Liberation. I hope she glitches and goes so far under the map she can't be pulled back above the ground even after reloading the game. 

• Like 1

What was wrong with AC:L? I bought a Vita a couple of days ago and am considering AC:L as I am a fan of the series but I want to know what are the negative points of it? 

Just for you to know I have enjoyed all episodes in the series including AC:III. My only negative point is that I found Revelations a bit boring and more of a really long expansion pack to Brotherhood. 

What was wrong with AC:L? I bought a Vita a couple of days ago and am considering AC:L as I am a fan of the series but I want to know what are the negative points of it? 

Just for you to know I have enjoyed all episodes in the series including AC:III. My only negative point is that I found Revelations a bit boring and more of a really long expansion pack to Brotherhood. 

I enjoyed it, but i remember reading something of a glitch in the game that makes you lose your save game.

Basically like a side story, you wont miss much if you play it or not

Pretty sure that was patched. I had no issues when I played it recently. The game isn't bad. It plays like you'd expect an assassin's creed game to play. I'm not a huge fan of the personas feature they added, but I mostly played as the assassin unless it was necessary to play as someone else. The multiplayer is not good at all, but you shouldn't worry about that unless you want the platinum.