Interpretation of Ending/Story, Favorite Character

SuperSaiyan3985

Spoiler

So for those of you that have finished the game of course, what'd you make of the story and its ending? Is anything still unclear to you? I think I understand 90% of it, but I still have the following questions:

1. What exactly is DOOMs and what does it stand for?

2. How does a "voidout" happen?

3. What precisely triggered the Death Stranding?

4. I've heard that Lou got revived at the end thanks to Amelie, is that true?

Other than that I really loved the message about bringing people together and how that was integrated into the gameplay (syncing the facilities and the social strand system with other players). Characters are really fleshed out too, all diverse and pivotal to the story - especially Die-Hardman (he's my favorite). I think Tommie Earl Jenkins deserves an award for that confession scene, so powerful. Who's your favorite character?

alright so I finished the game yesterday, these are my thoughts, although I still have A LOT to digest and analyze so correct me if I'm wrong with any of the answers.

1. It's what gives people the ability to sense, see, even control in the case of Higgs, the bts. Fragile also has DOOMs I think which allows her to fast travel.

2. When a human dies and enters into necrosis the body causes a void out, that's why they have to burn the bodies. When people get trapped/swallowed by bts, that causes a void out too

3. Amelie/Bridget who is the sixth extinction entity kickstarted the Death Stranding when she revived Sam when he was a baby or something like that. 

4. That went completely over my head, I was too busy crying on that scene lol. 

The game is truly a masterpiece, as time goes it will gain the title of one of the best, if not the best, of this generation. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DiegoMolinams said:

alright so I finished the game yesterday, these are my thoughts, although I still have A LOT to digest and analyze so correct me if I'm wrong with any of the answers.

1. It's what gives people the ability to sense, see, even control in the case of Higgs, the bts. Fragile also has DOOMs I think which allows her to fast travel.

2. When a human dies and enters into necrosis the body causes a void out, that's why they have to burn the bodies. When people get trapped/swallowed by bts, that causes a void out too

3. Amelie/Bridget who is the sixth extinction entity kickstarted the Death Stranding when she revived Sam when he was a baby or something like that. 

4. That went completely over my head, I was too busy crying on that scene lol. 

The game is truly a masterpiece, as time goes it will gain the title of one of the best, if not the best, of this generation. 

Spoiler

1. So if that's the case, and Sam has DOOMs, why can't he do the same things Higgs and Fragile can? Is it a random ability that they get and not all of them?

2. And a voidout is that explosion that happens (at the beginning when you were transporting that corpse). However, at that instance, that giant BT showed up (the same one you fight at the end that's controlled by Higgs) - you sure it was because of the corpse that there was that voidout or because of Higgs summoning that BT?

18 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:
  Hide contents

1. So if that's the case, and Sam has DOOMs, why can't he do the same things Higgs and Fragile can? Is it a random ability that they get and not all of them?

2. And a voidout is that explosion that happens (at the beginning when you were transporting that corpse). However, at that instance, that giant BT showed up (the same one you fight at the end that's controlled by Higgs) - you sure it was because of the corpse that there was that voidout or because of Higgs summoning that BT?

1. Because there are levels for the DOOMs sufferers, sam is on the low end, fragile is on the middle and Higgs is almost at the top that's why he can control bts.

2. From what I learned from the game interviews and cutscenes is that a void out is triggered when a corpse is left without proper cremation for too long and when a giant BT captures a living person 

3 hours ago, DiegoMolinams said:

1. Because there are levels for the DOOMs sufferers, sam is on the low end, fragile is on the middle and Higgs is almost at the top that's why he can control bts.

2. From what I learned from the game interviews and cutscenes is that a void out is triggered when a corpse is left without proper cremation for too long and when a giant BT captures a living person 

Spoiler

Okay, so how does the "giant BT" get there exactly? I'm sure that Higgs had something to do with the voidout that took out Central Knot. 

8 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:
  Hide contents

Okay, so how does the "giant BT" get there exactly? I'm sure that Higgs had something to do with the voidout that took out Central Knot. 

It’s a Catcher, BT’s call them when they trap you (because he is already there), similarly, seems someone dead, aka BT, summon a Catcher there if left uncremated, then triggers the voidout.

By the way, Higgs DOOMS level is actually the same as Sam, if you read his journals, he can only sense them, until he met Amelie, he was just using her powers.

And gotta agree, Diehard almost got me crying there.

Edited by BlackTorito
  • Like 2

1. What exactly is DOOMs and what does it stand for?

Long story short, DOOMs is a syndrome of physical conditions and personality conditions.  Anyone who suffers from DOOMs has a Chiral allergy.  They get a rash like skin irritation from high levels of Chiralium and also they tear a lot from the eyes.  They also get extreme nightmares.  Extreme cases of DOOMs can cause erratic and suicidal tendencies (Higgs Types).  DOOMs occurs because of a connection with an EE.  In the game it was said that some higher level of DOOMs can be found in people who were born under certain constellations.  They did not explain what the acronym of DOOMs stands for.

2. How does a "voidout" happen?

Was explained well above.  When a human dies and the body doesn't get burned and when a BT swallows a human.

3. What precisely triggered the Death Stranding?

Death Stranding was triggered by the Resurrection of Sam as an infant which violated the natural order of life and death. This caused the eventual Manhattan explosions and the intrusion of the Beach and its inhabitants onto the living world.

It's not clear if Amelie was involved but there is a small suggestion that she was.  End Game, Lou (Actually Louise) who was thought to be dead is actually alive.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Legend said:

It's not clear if Amelie was involved but there is a small suggestion that she was.  End Game, Lou (Actually Louise) who was thought to be dead is actually alive.

As Lou wakes up with Amelie's quipo in her hands, it seems pretty clear that Amelie has intervened.

• Like 1