did anyone else have trouble following the neoseeker walkthrough?

RJP_X

either i need some sleep or something, but this seems to be the only step by step walkthrough, and i find the directions it gives you is absolutely awful. i had zero issues with the gamefaqs walkthrough for the first game, it got me where i needed at all times. it was more specific with directions, the guide for this game however has me spending lots of time trying to figure out where i am going or what i am doing where its frustrating. 

wasn't sure if anyone has had problems when using that guide for the game, its set up neatly and everything but i feel like things could be worded better.

• Like 1

I agree that the directions can get pretty confusing. I personally gave up on the walkthrough aspect of the guide, but am using the maps for the collectibles.

(Nothing against the guide writer - the guide is useful in many other ways, and it must have taken a tremendous amount of time and dedication. I commend him/her for that!)

• Like 2

On 11/27/2019 at 9:04 AM, visighost said:

I agree that the directions can get pretty confusing. I personally gave up on the walkthrough aspect of the guide, but am using the maps for the collectibles.

(Nothing against the guide writer - the guide is useful in many other ways, and it must have taken a tremendous amount of time and dedication. I commend him/her for that!)

yeah i eventually found my way when using it, and agree it was useful in a lot of ways like the maps and pin pointing collectible locations in those maps, but when it came to reading it had me going so many places away from where i was suppose to go often and spent a lot of time trying to figure out which directions i should be going where i got frustrated often lol.

the guide for the first game from gamefaqs was very precise without even having maps and was fine with that one. it also had you doing everything as you went from trophies to collectibles where post game was a quick wrap up.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I couldn’t see a better one when I looked a week or two ago but I only really followed the guide for collectibles at post game, the bracelet item in the sewers was vague though but luckily I could just find it on a YouTube collectible video.

I was wary of this game originally years ago, but it was a pleasant ride and it’s one of my favourite games of all time, having the dog as a main character sealed the deal for me.

On 12/18/2020 at 8:27 PM, DOG-MAGE said:

I couldn’t see a better one when I looked a week or two ago but I only really followed the guide for collectibles at post game, the bracelet item in the sewers was vague though but luckily I could just find it on a YouTube collectible video.

I was wary of this game originally years ago, but it was a pleasant ride and it’s one of my favourite games of all time, having the dog as a main character sealed the deal for me.

Hey im in the same shoes as you! .. I cant found a guide at all!! And the one you peps are mention seems awful? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Hey im in the same shoes as you! .. I cant found a guide at all!! And the one you peps are mention seems awful? 

velby on YouTube has a good guide on all the collectibles with time stamps in their video.

Apart from that Neoseeker filled in the other things so it shouldn’t be too bad as I didn’t need it for an actual walkthrough.

Good luck if you haven’t finished the game yet, it’s epic and there are no missible trophies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DOG-MAGE said:

velby on YouTube has a good guide on all the collectibles with time stamps in their video.

Apart from that Neoseeker filled in the other things so it shouldn’t be too bad as I didn’t need it for an actual walkthrough.

Good luck if you haven’t finished the game yet, it’s epic and there are no missible trophies.

Its on sale ... I have been watch that video on youtube lol ...Im just on the fence to get it? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Its on sale ... I have been watch that video on youtube lol ...Im just on the fence to get it? 

Lol I was annoyed that they had the sale a few weeks after I brought the disk but that’s life but

anyway yeah it’s definitely not hard but depends on what you think of the gameplay and mopping up the collectibles at end game.

Good luck whether you get it or not ?.

1 minute ago, DOG-MAGE said:

Lol I was annoyed that they had the sale a few weeks after I brought the disk but that’s life but

anyway yeah it’s definitely not hard but depends on what you think of the gameplay and mopping up the collectibles at end game.

Good luck whether you get it or not 1f607.png.

Whats game play like on fighting? any missables? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Whats game play like on fighting? any missables? 

You mainly just run and/or hide in hiding spots but you do get some pebbles/stones to distract certain spirits and some salt that can take down a few select spirits during side events.

But yeah it’s mainly a hide and seek game, you can’t run out of saves as the coins respawn on death.

No missible trophies ? 

• Like 1

Just now, DOG-MAGE said:

You mainly just run and/or hide in hiding spots but you do get some pebbles/stones to distract certain spirits and some salt that can take down a few select spirits during side events.

But yeah it’s mainly a hide and seek game, you can’t run out of saves as the coins respawn on death.

No missible trophies 1f3c6.png 

ok nice thanks you sold me ... Going to purchase ;0    

• Like 1

Just now, Titanomachy_75 said:

ok nice thanks you sold me ... Going to purchase ;0    

Good luck but double check a gameplay video if you aren’t 100% sure as you can tell very easily if you will enjoy it.

10 hour story and a few hours of collectibles, good luck. I just brought the game as I liked walking the ?.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just started this game myself and yeah, the walkthrough isn't perfect. It sometimes feels like it's skipping kinda crucial steps on how to get from point A to B. I'm mostly just using it so I don't "miss" collectibles during the main story, trying to minimise backtracking in the post-game. I'm mainly using the maps with the item locations and using the text if I can't figure out how to them.

I noticed that it lists how to get the Gold Coin in chapter 2, the instructions on where the crying stone is confused me to no end, so I looked up a video and... Found no crying stone. Turns out it doesn't appear till chapter 3, so you can't even do that sub-event for that item until then, so seems the walkthrough has a few inaccuracies in that respect as well.

I don't remember what walkthrough/guide I used for the first game, been years since I played it, but I definitely don't remember having too much trouble with it.