Jack of all Trades

MattoElite

I cannot for the life of me get this baby to pop. Tried it on a groundbreaker with the sick solider, tried it on a cystypig and have tried it on a spart. Science Hammer, Crouch, TDD, look for "blind" on the head, wack em.....nothing. Her intelligence is below average so....that a factor? 

Edited by MattoElite

for me it took a while for it to pop, I did it while also doing the Destroyer of Worlds trophy that tasks you with having 3 full negative reputations. I tried getting Jack of all Trades at first but it didn't pop then when I was at Groundbreaker and had almost killed everyone I saw a lone worker panicking in the corner. I snuck up and killed them in slow-mo with a crit with the science hammer and the trophy popped.

My theory is this,if you kill someone from a faction where you don't have substantial negative reputation it won't count as you killing an enemy in regards to the trophy, regardless of it saying "enemy killed" when awarding exp. My guess is that the higher your rep is the higher your negative rep has to be before they count as enemies. Essentially if they don't start out as aggressive against you then they don't count as enemies for the sake of the trophy.

Again this is just speculation, it could also be that doing what the trophy requires is a bit finicky.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 25/12/2019 at 7:39 PM, Aceboy9 said:

I saw a video on YouTube for this trophy as I found it a pain to unlock it myself. If you go to the boarst factory on Monarch their are these slugs where the pigs are being held and attacking them on the head unlocked the trophy for me. 

see I did this when the pigs didn’t work and got no luck. Just kept trying with the pigs until I got it, seems to be very specific in order to get all the parameters in line. Pain trophy for sure 

Putting 20 or 40 (can’t remember which) points into the heavy melee skill will unlock weak-spots in TTD, however I did the trophy without using it.

Took a few tries, but managed to get it with a sneak attack to the head on a sleeping NPC which belonged to a friendly faction.

Had problems with this one as well. Eventually did it on the sick soldier in the Groundbreaker but it took multiple tries. Make sure you are not using heavy attacks, otherwise it's just about getting the angle right. I found it best to jump up on the bed and hit him from there.

Check your skills. You might not have high enough weapon skill to unlock targeted attacks in TTD. I was having the same issue until I did a respec, then it popped for me on the 2nd kill. Your stealth needs to be 20 to unlock sneak attacks, corresponding weapon skill needs to be high enough to unlock targeted effects. 20 for ranged weapons and 40 for melee.

As a side note: my kill was a non-hostile animal, so it doesn't need to be hostile to count.

If you like your spec, save before your respec then reload after you get the trophy.

Edited by Bayonette_Rho
clarification