Spawn/drop rates different?

28 minutes ago, Jables4889 said:

I’m in the post-game (only remaining quest is the alchemy one) and I’m running around the glimmering grotto and in an hour I saw two good dragamuffins and ABSOLUTELY NO BEDRAGGLES. Am I just stupid unlucky?

And I am fighting everything 

They are semi rare what I had to do was go in a big circle using the invisible tunnle through the last area and they respawned in enemy parties and when they stopped appearing I left and started farming the other area they spawn for Abit then went back and fourth you may also have to exit the game to kick it in gear but honestly the gold versions are either super rare or all over the dang place just comes down to the games mood but like i mentioned you can do stuff to help your case like leaving or resetting the game 

9 hours ago, Jables4889 said:
Spoiler

I’m in the post-game (only remaining quest is the alchemy one) and I’m running around the glimmering grotto and in an hour I saw two good dragamuffins and ABSOLUTELY NO BEDRAGGLES. Am I just stupid unlucky?

Have you been playing the game for a fairly long session? If so, try saving and turning your console off, back on and re-loading the game up. I know it might sound stupid and why it would work? I have no clue but for whatever reason doing that would work for me when I got the Platinum on PS3. I would look for certain enemies for a very long time with no luck. Would reboot my console and game and then would get what I was looking for pretty quickly. This also seemed to work for me when grinding rare items.  

Edited by skateak
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 0:45 AM, skateak said:

Have you been playing the game for a fairly long session? If so, try saving and turning your console off, back on and re-loading the game up. I know it might sound stupid and why it would work? I have no clue but for whatever reason doing that would work for me when I got the Platinum on PS3. I would look for certain enemies for a very long time with no luck. Would reboot my console and game and then would get what I was looking for pretty quickly. This also seemed to work for me when grinding rare items.  

Definitely worked.  Kinda silly, but whatever!  Thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 12/14/2019 at 10:20 PM, Jables4889 said:

Me right now trying to get the Scroll Of Truth. Been running around for like 2 hours and I've been trying to follow the guides to get the Golden glim so Swaine can use Light Fingers, and it never appears or it does right as the golden honky tonker dies. Everytime I steal its some other crap item. I loved this game up until this moment, and im about to cross into the 80 hour threshold and if this is how the grind for alchemy items is going to be then this is really going to sour my experience on this game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 11:17 AM, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Me right now trying to get the Scroll Of Truth. Been running around for like 2 hours and I've been trying to follow the guides to get the Golden glim so Swaine can use Light Fingers, and it never appears or it does right as the golden honky tonker dies. Everytime I steal its some other crap item. I loved this game up until this moment, and im about to cross into the 80 hour threshold and if this is how the grind for alchemy items is going to be then this is really going to sour my experience on this game.

I absolutely agree with you. It's a fantastic game and have a nice story, but the post-game-grinding destroys everything. I'm starting to hate chasing rare items which never spawn. But this seems to be a problem with many JRPGs.

balu2424.png 

4 hours ago, balu2424 said:

I absolutely agree with you. It's a fantastic game and have a nice story, but the post-game-grinding destroys everything. I'm starting to hate chasing rare items which never spawn. But this seems to be a problem with many JRPGs.

balu2424.png 

Stick it out! I did and eventually my luck turned when I caught two tokotokos within 3 minutes of each other, and then the rare items just started flowing for me lol but I agree, I dont mind grinding, but grinding just to grind is overplayed nowadays. JRPGs either suffer from this heavily, or they are way too easily and require minimal grinding or even minimal tactics. Its hard to find a good balance

18 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Stick it out! I did and eventually my luck turned when I caught two tokotokos within 3 minutes of each other, and then the rare items just started flowing for me lol but I agree, I dont mind grinding, but grinding just to grind is overplayed nowadays. JRPGs either suffer from this heavily, or they are way too easily and require minimal grinding or even minimal tactics. Its hard to find a good balance

Luckily I got the alchemy trophy in the meantime.  Now its time to concentrate on the Rank S Arena trophy and the hard things are done. 

And yes, you are right. It is hard to find a good balance.

balu2424.png

• 1 year later...