[Video Guide] Best party and how to beat Solosseum 27, 28 (and others) in-depth video guide [Solosseum Supremo trophy]

Hey, fellow PSNProfiles users!

Late to a party (again), but decided to make guides for the awesome Ni no Kuni 2. Having some much blast with it. Ni no Kuni 3 will be my day 1 purchase.

Anyway, getting 100% trophies in Ni no Kuni 2 is one of the hardest things when it comes to jRPGs on PS4, in my humble opinion.

So yeah, my video guide for the hardest Solosseum challenge (27) - Monstrous Meltdown. From start to finish. Exact builds, enemy attack analysis, tried to make it as much detailed as possible. Will try to answer any potential questions. Hopefully it will help someone. Will upload the other difficult ones too. Uploaded also regular campaign bosses, if someone's interested. Couldn't resist. True jRPG.

Congrats to NNK2 100% trophies obtainers and good luck to anyone trying it!

EDIT: Just finished my guide for the second hardest challenge, Solosseum 28 (Brutal Beatdown). Hopefully it will help someone! Good luck!

Edited by sunashigure1
Added another guide.
  • Like 4

I saw yesterday your video. Good work! Especially for all the notes you put in the video! :)

According to me, maybe, it could be improved (just a little bit), with a couple of strategies, like changing also the higgledies (like the final snake battle, since I hadn't a real good weapon with darkness attribute) and using the Ding Dong Dell combat style for the slow time motion during the dodge. And throwing also a 100% full charge spell (I remember I used the Tristar with Evan) it should stop the summon spell.

But unfortunately these DLC were really horrible. The base game was good (not excellent like the first one) and fun, maybe too many item drops (seriously, I was swallowed by them!). And an extended grinding sessions through the two DLCs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Thx mate

My pleasure and thanks for commenting, @Neme-ita! Nice trophy list, btw!

1 hour ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

I saw yesterday your video. Good work! Especially for all the notes you put in the video! :)

According to me, maybe, it could be improved (just a little bit), with a couple of strategies, like changing also the higgledies (like the final snake battle, since I hadn't a real good weapon with darkness attribute) and using the Ding Dong Dell combat style for the slow time motion during the dodge. And throwing also a 100% full charge spell (I remember I used the Tristar with Evan) it should stop the summon spell.

But unfortunately these DLC were really horrible. The base game was good (not excellent like the first one) and fun, maybe too many item drops (seriously, I was swallowed by them!). And an extended grinding sessions through the two DLCs.

Thanks, @Phoenix_argentea, I appreciate it. Yeah, those notes took me a while to prepare.

Of course. That's also a reliable strategy. Glad you mentioned it, new Ni no Kuni 2 players will find it helpful, I'm sure. The more strats, the better.

Ah, I see. Wasn't able to stop Cetus with Roland, should have used Ding Dong Dell martial method and that charged spell. Good thinking!

Gotcha. Well, it's gonna be an unpopular opinion most likely, but I like NNK2 more. I'm a "loot guy" - like to be flooded with items or farm very specific ones (grind was real in the DLC, I agree) :) Old Nioh habits, you know. And NNK1 wasn't that challenging, I needed that difficulty spike in its successor. Hard games are kinda my cup of tea. That being said, both games are excellent. True jRPGs. So hyped for the NNK3.

Thanks for watching and commenting!

• Like 1

On 24/12/2019 at 1:40 AM, sunashigure1 said:

Gotcha. Well, it's gonna be an unpopular opinion most likely, but I like NNK2 more. I'm a "loot guy" - like to be flooded with items or farm very specific ones (grind was real in the DLC, I agree) :) Old Nioh habits, you know. And NNK1 wasn't that challenging, I needed that difficulty spike in its successor. Hard games are kinda my cup of tea. That being said, both games are excellent. True jRPGs. So hyped for the NNK3.

Maybe I'll go a little bit OT, but if you like hard game I can suggest Ys Origin, an action JRPG which can be really difficult, especially on Nightmare difficulty. Also, the bosses are really great, since they have different patterns according to their HP bar (and difficulty). And you can use up to three characters with three different abilities, so you can study different strategies! Maybe it could be an old game (it was released in 2006, and it was brought to PS4 "only" in 2017!) and very simple (no dodge ability and no healing items. SImply study the enemies and run away!), but I really like it! Its price dropped down during the last sale on the EU store (only 8€), maybe you can take a look on Youtube, and maybe you can like it! :) And for the crazy guys who like to stack multiple platinum trophies (like me), it's also cross buy between PS4 and PS Vita! And about the games "full of items" and grinding a friend of mine advised me Lapis x Labyrinth.

Ok, back to the NNK II strategy! I don't remember I saw it in your video, but you can put on one of the characters that you don't use in battle the robot/engineer combat style (from the 1st DLC), which let you carry more items during the battles (since in this battle the difficulty is set to hard or expert, so you have less items available). Also, Cetus' weak point is his tongue, during the few moments when he leaves it in plain sight, so you should attack it with no esitation, in order to deal more damage!

• Like 1

I made a guide for this level, too.

My two cents:

- The second boss will be either Mossy Monument or Crystal Crypt, who are weak to Wind and Fire respectively.

- Cetus won't be weak to Poison if he's vulnerable to Light, but to Sleep

Those were nitpicks, but imo the guide does put players at a disadvantage for the final fight, for these reasons (I see Phoenix mentions some of these):

- The importance of using heavy attacks isn't mentioned (unless I missed it), and having the Tactic Tweaker set up for them.

- Higgledies could be used to lower Cetus' melee defense.

- Any use of magic is wasted during this fight.

- No skills are shown during setup; a melee skill used when Cetus tries to summon reinforcements should consistently break the charge.

- Martial Arts aren't touched upon at all; Wizard's Companion is equipped, when Ding Dong Discipline would be super effective.

Edited by fadingtrails
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

Maybe I'll go a little bit OT, but if you like hard game I can suggest Ys Origin, an action JRPG which can be really difficult, especially on Nightmare difficulty. Also, the bosses are really great, since they have different patterns according to their HP bar (and difficulty). And you can use up to three characters with three different abilities, so you can study different strategies! Maybe it could be an old game (it was released in 2006, and it was brought to PS4 "only" in 2017!) and very simple (no dodge ability and no healing items. SImply study the enemies and run away!), but I really like it! Its price dropped down during the last sale on the EU store (only 8€), maybe you can take a look on Youtube, and maybe you can like it! :) And for the crazy guys who like to stack multiple platinum trophies (like me), it's also cross buy between PS4 and PS Vita! And about the games "full of items" and grinding a friend of mine advised me Lapis x Labyrinth.

Ok, back to the NNK II strategy! I don't remember I saw it in your video, but you can put on one of the characters that you don't use in battle the robot/engineer combat style (from the 1st DLC), which let you carry more items during the battles (since in this battle the difficulty is set to hard or expert, so you have less items available). Also, Cetus' weak point is his tongue, during the few moments when he leaves it in plain sight, so you should attack it with no esitation, in order to deal more damage!

Any info on great jRPGs is welcome, glad to meet other fans of this specific genre. Nightmare difficulty sure does sound enticing! Never heard of Ys Origin. So many great jRPGs to be played. Thanks for the info, gonna check the game. Really affordable indeed! Lapis x Labyrinth, rings some bells. Hmm, is it 2D for Switch?

Yes, you mean the Gizmo Supremo. It's present in the video, very important part of my strategy actually. Agreed! Tongue definitely is its weakness, mentioned that too.

9 hours ago, fadingtrails said:

I made a guide for this level, too.

My two cents:

- The second boss will be either Mossy Monument or Crystal Crypt, who are weak to Wind and Fire respectively.

- Cetus won't be weak to Poison if he's vulnerable to Light, but to Sleep

Those were nitpicks, but imo the guide does put players at a disadvantage for the final fight, for these reasons (I see Phoenix mentions some of these):

- The importance of using heavy attacks isn't mentioned (unless I missed it), and having the Tactic Tweaker set up for them.

- Higgledies could be used to lower Cetus' melee defense.

- Any use of magic is wasted during this fight.

- No skills are shown during setup; a melee skill used when Cetus tries to summon reinforcements should consistently break the charge.

- Martial Arts aren't touched upon at all; Wizard's Companion is equipped, when Ding Dong Discipline would be super effective.

Thanks for your insight. These are valid points, constrictive criticism is always appreciated. Wow, a very detailed guide! Wish I found it earlier, excellent and informative stuff. Well done.

Oh, I see. Encountered only Crystal Crypt. Much obliged for the clarification.

The importance of heavy attacks is rather obvious - all of my attacks were heavy after all. You could easily tell the difference between light and heavy attacks + Tactic Tweaker's melee buff impacts only heavy attack(s) anyway. At 19:47 players are able to see Tactic Tweaker's melee setting, so I got it covered, I believe.

Yep, Higgledies are able to lower its (and others) physical defense. Won't last for long, but every bit helps. You're right.

Any use of magic isn't wasted in this fight, in my humble opinion. There's a potential second enemy, not as resilient to magic as Cetus. Second, there are revival spells for instance - let's say someone runs out of items (even with Gizmo), that could make a world of difference. But yes, Cetus is a magic wall. No argument here.

No skills are shown, because I went for melee exclusively. And that didn't help with the summoning break, true.

Yes, you and Phoenix are absolutely right - should have used DDD.

8 hours ago, Montyzu said:

I just finished the base game and watching your vídeo I dont even know whats going on, its like a completely different game with all those skills and items.

Yes, it differs from the main campaign. These DLC bosses are really bulky and time is of the essence, so it's important to use specific items and attacks, in order to succeed. Also, some of these fights are automatically set to Expert, which makes them even more challenging.

Congrats on finishing the base game!

• 4 years later...