Tip for Unlocking All Trophies

On 12/31/2019 at 9:56 PM, dansomekid said:

I've seen a lot of posts on these forums where people are asking for help with certain trophies. After many hours of grinding dumb ones myself (like We Are the Champions, etc) I found 1 tip that has really helped me speed things up. Instead of grinding these in "single player," grind them in "multiplayer hot swap" instead. Set the games with whatever settings you want, but make it only 2 player, with the "second player" being "human." Basically, you will have full control over everything. As player 1, you do whatever you need for the trophy, and as player 2 (on the same controller) you can set up the player 1 trophies by either searching for stuff with scouts, or setting up settlements in specific areas, etc.

I hope this advice helps! I just started doing it this way and have been unlocking trophies like crazy, don't have to rely on much luck anymore.

That's a really good idea! I got the plat, but I'll have to go back and mop up the DLCs so I hope this will make it more trivial as far as difficulty goes

• 5 months later...

I have found it is possible to unlock trophies as the second player as well. So with some planning you can set up a lot of trophies. I tested this with 2 trophies so far. Missed that day in history class and Repo man were both earned as player 2.

For my next run I am thinking about Spain (Inquisition/ religion victory) and  America (pizza party/ man on the moon/ science victory) and maybe Egypt so I can go for a few different win trophies through save scumming and some other trophies depending on the city states that spawn.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 0:59 PM, GirguinPengaffes said:

If anybody has questions about specific trophies, I can try and describe how I got them. I recently earned all of the trophies for the game so I can try and share the strategies I used for whatever trophy you need help with.

Can you help out with the Re-animator one?  How did you get 20 at once?  Every time I get 1 or 2 zombies into my city to do a control program they run away before I can finish the project

Edit:  NVM I figured out what I was doing wrong, lol feel silly now that I forgot a basic mechanic lol.

Edited by Spinacheq

• 6 months later...

Zombie Trophies 

Easy way to get these trophies is to send spies to City-States you're the suzerain of (you need to have open borders so you can place units inside their borders) and do Zombie outbreak mission. You can do it to other civilizations cities too but again open borders. 

Once the zombies appear you can use Apostles (promote them and pick the convert barbarians promotion) to convert the zombies into your own units permanently! There is no countdown for them to go back to being feral or whatever you want to call it.

Once you have 20 units merge them into corps/ armies and continue doing zombie outbreaks but kill them this time. You can also use regular fighting units to supplement your zombie army as you need to kill a lot of zombies to get to the point they have 50+ mutation strength. 

For the trap trophy you need to build a modern trap and surround it with at least 2 modern barriers which will boost the trap's damage output to the needed amount. Also, it doesn't have to be a zombie unit that triggers the trap. Any barbarian or enemy civilization unit you are at war with will activate it.

I found these strategies online in various places and consolidated them here for our community. Obviously, hot seat mode will make these trivial so I strongly recommend using that mode and hope the above tips help.

• 1 year later...