Random Server problem

Reinachii-

I cannot search for a public game, but can make and play a private game. However my friend can search public no prob, but he cannot invite me, as i do not appear on his list of friends in game. 

I read that changing your PSN ID affects the connecting potential, but I haven't changed my PSN ID before, so it shouldn't affect me right? :/ 

any ideas?  

3 hours ago, Reinachii- said:

I cannot search for a public game, but can make and play a private game. However my friend can search public no prob, but he cannot invite me, as i do not appear on his list of friends in game. 

I read that changing your PSN ID affects the connecting potential, but I haven't changed my PSN ID before, so it shouldn't affect me right? :/ 

any ideas?  

the problem maybe due to having over 100 plus friends some games can't handle it plus if you have a very long name it won't work doing online

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this was the problem, but I had an issue where I would select MP, then play online, then try to search and I kept getting an error message.  I would try to join people and I kept getting a timed out message (I think that's what it was) and I thought I wasn't going to be able to boost it.  But then, one day, I was chatting with a friend and got an idea, we logged on, and I selected MP, then on the next screen after that, I would join him and it worked fine.  I never had an issue after that, other than getting kicked randomly.  My friend Kaiser messaged me one day, reporting the same problem, and I told him my solution and it worked for him.  I thought I would post this in case this was the problem, or in case anyone else had the same issue and they couldn't figure out what was wrong.  When my issue came up, I searched everywhere and found nothing about the specific problem I was having.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JESTERKING45 said:

I don't know if this was the problem, but I had an issue where I would select MP, then play online, then try to search and I kept getting an error message.  I would try to join people and I kept getting a timed out message (I think that's what it was) and I thought I wasn't going to be able to boost it.  But then, one day, I was chatting with a friend and got an idea, we logged on, and I selected MP, then on the next screen after that, I would join him and it worked fine.  I never had an issue after that, other than getting kicked randomly.  My friend Kaiser messaged me one day, reporting the same problem, and I told him my solution and it worked for him.  I thought I would post this in case this was the problem, or in case anyone else had the same issue and they couldn't figure out what was wrong.  When my issue came up, I searched everywhere and found nothing about the specific problem I was having.

I’m trying this right now and i have the option to join but it just times out. Did it do this for you? 

Update: the JP version appears to be region locked due to censorship.

That being said, even with an NA copy, the server matchmaking is awful. 

Out of the six copies we had, only 1 console could start a public lobby, the rest had to join via the friends tab; searching would yield an error. 

Although the other 5 couldn't connect via public, they could create a private game, though invites to that lobby would once again yield errors. 

Hope that helps.

Edited by Reinachii-
Typo
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 11/2/2020 at 0:53 PM, JESTERKING45 said:

Thanks for your input, the same problem happened to me, I can't create a public game or search, I read your comment about joining a friend and so I can enter.

• Like 1