PS4 Remote Play experiences

Hocking_1988

I have just learnt that you can do remote play so I have downloaded the app on my ipad pro. I was just wandering if anyone had used it and what their experiences were like?

Is there anyway you can use the dualshock controller, rather than the on screen controls?

Are you able to play games online such as COD? What are the experiences like?

Thanks 

I use my Vita for my remote play and it's great.

Maybe.

Don't know, haven't tried.

Might want to check here: https://support.asia.playstation.com/enhk/s/article/ans-enhk00250 for the iOS requirements for using a Dualshock

Nevermind, did the research for you:

"Devices running iOS 13 or higher have DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller support via Bluetooth."

Edited by DaivRules

I sometimes use remote play on my laptop when my girlfriend is watching something on the TV and I want to do some grinding or something that doesn't require too much skill. The quality is good enough for such things, but there is the occational lag and I couldn't recommend playing anything that requires precision over remote play. 

And yeah, I play with the regular DS4. You can simply use a data cable to connect the controller to the laptop, though in your case I wouldn't know, since I guess your ipad pro doesn't really have any ports... 

Online games could be particularly prone to lag, as you have the PS connecting to the internet on one hand while broadcasting the game to your device on the other... But maybe that's just us cause she watches Netflix at the same time ?

Edited by Arcesius

1 hour ago, Hocking_1988 said:

Is there anyway you can use the dualshock controller, rather than the on screen controls?

38 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

And yeah, I play with the regular DS4. You can simply use a data cable to connect the controller to the laptop, though in your case I wouldn't know, since I guess your ipad pro doesn't really have any ports... 

You can use the DS4 wireless with the latest apple OS updates: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/09/30/faq-how-to-use-dualshock-4-with-your-apple-devices/

I used it on my PC at work a while back. The distance was about 15 miles, all over wired connection. my time with VITA has been varied as it depends on network traffic and wireless strength obviously.

I did most of my 150hr MGSV Platinum run over Remote play.

I had some connection drop outs from time to time but that was due to my works slow 15mbps connection where my home is a 200mbps connection.

4 hours ago, Hocking_1988 said:

I have just learnt that you can do remote play so I have downloaded the app on my ipad pro. I was just wandering if anyone had used it and what their experiences were like?

Are you able to play games online such as COD? What are the experiences like?

Thanks 

I used Remote Play on my iphone, but was only able to play clicker games. The onscreen buttons weren't very responsive, but the larger ipad screen may see better results.

As for network connectivity between devices, I've never had any issues.

• 6 months later...

I have used remote play on the PS Vita, and I love using that system to play PS4 games from my bed or whatever. The iPad/iPhone app, however, would be less appealing to me. The PS Vita is already weird to use, as it lacks R1, R2, R3, L1, L2, L3, and the touch bar, but the app would lack ALL of the buttons. On-screen buttons are alright, but not very fun to use, let alone for any kind of game that requires a fast response time. The lag also makes it hard to play games, such as Call of Duty. 

I’m been using Remote Play from my iPad Pro and it’s been great (though the resolution 1080p is not that sharp)

It’s definitely playable and very smooth experience

Yes you can use your PS4 controller connected to iPad Pro, latency is minimal. Just connect to Bluetooth in your iPad and it’s good to go