When to make an extra save for getting all the Endings?

YORGOS_PB

I'm 2 hours in and just realized there are some missable endings, like in Dark Souls and Bloodborne cords. But these require you to do a variety of things. 

So, without spoilers, at which point should I make an extra save and gather the items?, should it be around the time I need to gather the main items to give to certain characters?

Edit: might as well just go for the slight spoilers with this cheatsheet

Edited by YORGOS_PB
Found a Cheatsheet

You should meet the requirements for all the endings. Then after you beat the boss, make a cloud save and use it to get all 3 endings. Then you'll have to do a NG+ for the other ending (or start over again if you want?)

Edit: just realized what you meant. I'm pretty sure the point of no return for collectables is when you get to Fountainhead area. Just don't beat the boss in that area (it will trigger an invasion in the main area) and you should be fine. 

Edited by ThatMuttGuy
  • Like 1

As you progress the game it will start to become night time. When you return to the top of the castle during dusk and see Owl standing there you should make a save because the answer you give to Owl will give you the bad ending or the possibility of the two other endings. Get the bad ending and restore your save, continue the game until you reach the last boss make another save there. Kill the last boss and get the 'neutral' ending, restore the save and gather the items for the 'good' ending.

I hope it was clear enough, without spoilers its kinda difficult to explain.

Edit: you will always get the item requiered for the 'neutral' ending because it is necessary for the normal game progression but if you get the items for the other endings you can choose the one you want to get after the final boss so you can simply restore save and kill the boss again.

Edited by Montyzu
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

You should meet the requirements for all the endings. Then after you beat the boss, make a cloud save and use it to get all 3 endings. Then you'll have to do a NG+ for the other ending (or start over again if you want?)

Really?, don't you have to make a bunch of steps for 2 out of 3 endings?
If so, then why do a NG+?, after finishing the story do you unlock specific events?

9 minutes ago, Montyzu said:

As you progress the game it will start to become night time. When you return to the top of the castle during dusk and see Owl standing there you should make a save because the answer you give to Owl will give you the bad ending or the possibility of the two other endings. Get the bad ending and restore your save, continue the game until you reach the last boss make another save there. Kill the last boss and get the 'neutral' ending, restore the save and gather the items for the 'good' ending.

I hope it was clear enough, without spoilers its kinda difficult to explain.

Thanks a bunch, I'll keep in mind the moment I go to the castletop at dusk. 
I'm not trying to avoid NG+, but is it really necessary?

Just now, YORGOS_PB said:

Thanks a bunch, I'll keep in mind the moment I go to the castletop at dusk. 

I'm not trying to avoid NG+, but is it really necessary?

You will always get the item requiered for the 'neutral' ending because it is necessary for the normal game progression but if you get the items for the other endings you can choose the one you want to get after the final boss so you can simply restore save and kill the boss again and again getting all other endings.

NG+ is not necessary for the endings but may be better for the "all skill points" trophy because NG+ enemies give more exp. I dont know if it is better to farm NG or NG+ or NG++. I did 2 playthought and still had to farm for like 5 hours to get that trophy.

Just to add to the above. NG+ is not needed for getting all endings, that's true. But you cannot beat all bosses on NG, since the "bad ending" will have you face different bosses than the other three endings. Thus it is not necessary to get the "bad ending" on NG, and hence it is also not necessary to back up your save before talking to Owl atop the Castle.

If you want to go for the platinum, however, you will have to play NG+ to have a chance at beating all bosses on the same savefile. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

On 20/01/2020 at 0:55 PM, Montyzu said:

Not entirely true, you have to get the items you need for all endings before defeating the Divine Dragon (which is actually the penultimate boss, not the last one).

Not gonna spoil it but both of the "secret" good endings require you to talk to a certain character that will not be able to talk to you anymore after you beat the Divine Dragon.

Once you have all the items though, you can just kill the actual final boss and then save, because as long as you have the required items for all endings you can choose to use any of them at the end.

18 minutes ago, alexsr161 said:

Not entirely true, you have to get the items you need for all endings before defeating the Divine Dragon (which is actually the penultimate boss, not the last one).

Not gonna spoil it but both of the "secret" good endings require you to talk to a certain character that will not be able to talk to you anymore after you beat the Divine Dragon.

Once you have all the items though, you can just kill the actual final boss and then save, because as long as you have the required items for all endings you can choose to use any of them at the end.

I kinda spoiled myself with a cheatsheet, but I already have a hard thing and an aromatic thing, so I can go to the top of the castle and begin (the roads are closed, tho) and give an answer

• 2 weeks later...