Gta4 online rank reset to 0

Fernie317

it happens...any chance you started on vanilla version and have switched to complete edition or something like that?...if you're using the same save (labeled profile data) and same version of the game you should have the same rank...it is not the same save as singleplayer which falls in the save data file (ps3)...only exception to rank reset might be if you jumped online between june and august of 2014...

side question: do you have multiple people playing on your account or are you playing on multiple systems?...did you have any trouble with awp or fly the co-op?...your online trophies have an oddity...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

it happens...any chance you started on vanilla version and have switched to complete edition or something like that?...if you're using the same save (labeled profile data) and same version of the game you should have the same rank...it is not the same save as singleplayer which falls in the save data file (ps3)...only exception to rank reset might be if you jumped online between june and august of 2014...

side question: do you have multiple people playing on your account or are you playing on multiple systems?...did you have any trouble with awp or fly the co-op?...your online trophies have an oddity...

My game is the physical copy of gta iv complete edition and its the only one i have.im the only person that uses my ps3. the first time i got online with this game was on the 2nd of this month.My online trophies unlock just fine.its the website doesn't update them right away.But its ok looks like i have to start over then. thanks for the help

ah, I see...and apologies I made a mistake earlier, your trophies seem fine...i'm so bad at looking at lists and the error was entirely my misreading...

unfortunately, it's a rare glitch but does occasionally occur...it happened to me years ago as well but I have multiple versions and accounts I play on so could've triggered something by constantly switching around...i tested out various things to see if I could figure out rank resets but nothing aside from switching versions or deleting the profile data was 100% so have no solution...you could try eating 5 bananas then standing on your head for an hour...haha...please don't...

and just to shut down any thoughts of witchcraft before anyone mentions it...no, modders cannot reset your rank in gta iv...

curiosity question: was your money total also reset?...

Edited by ProfBambam55

13 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

ah, I see...and apologies I made a mistake earlier, your trophies seem fine...i'm so bad at looking at lists and the error was entirely my misreading...

unfortunately, it's a rare glitch but does occasionally occur...it happened to me years ago as well but I have multiple versions and accounts I play on so could've triggered something by constantly switching around...i tested out various things to see if I could figure out rank resets but nothing aside from switching versions or deleting the profile data was 100% so have no solution...you could try eating 5 bananas then standing on your head for an hour...haha...please don't...

and just to shut down any thoughts of witchcraft before anyone mentions it...no, modders cannot reset your rank in gta iv...

curiosity question: was your money total also reset?...

Yes the money was also reset to 0 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I figured out that it was my BoGT save file that was interfering with the base game file. After a bit of mucking around I was able to restore my original progress. So for anyone working on the base game, I would finish that before moving onto Episodes from Liberty City because the two files can mess the other up. 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

I dont know if the ps3 has the same issue, but on x360 you cant do wanted in multiple sessions. If you quit the game it resets your progress every time because the server doesnt store progress. Basically you have to keep your console on for 4 days straight until you pop the Wanted achievement. The issue may well be the same on ps3

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2022 at 9:03 PM, ResiGamer_28 said:

I dont know if the ps3 has the same issue, but on x360 you cant do wanted in multiple sessions. If you quit the game it resets your progress every time because the server doesnt store progress. Basically you have to keep your console on for 4 days straight until you pop the Wanted achievement. The issue may well be the same on ps3

the ps3 version does not have the same issue...

• Like 2