Trials Wars Diamond medal tips

det_gittes

I know that it probably is the easiest diamond medal but for some reason (well, I guess now I know what it was) I struggled hard (and at one point was 0.5m short of the required distance) to get it. After wasting what must have been close to three hours over a couple of days trying to make the distance before the timer expires, I made two adjustments/corrections which led me to success in less than an hour.

1) initially I had been using the Mantis bike. In overall, it handled the obstacles really well but I must have been going too slowly because a number of times I would lose by less than a second and I couldn't find a section where to make up for the time loss. Then I switched to the Helium and I could immediately see that with the extreme bounciness of the bike there were sections I could do faster (definitely the first obstacle and the third obstacle were faster for me with the Helium);

2) my biggest problem was the first obstacle - for the majority of my struggle I did not understand the obstacle and I would always try to do it intuitively, with better or worse results. I would lean forward, slightly tap the brake on approach while of the platform, then give the slightest of taps on the gas and hope for a good outcome, but it was always hit-or-miss. Then I found the information online (unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to figure it out myself) that the platform only starts moving on contact with the front wheel. So, I would switch to the following routine: ride off the starting platform fully leaning forward (for good speed) adjusting your bike in the air so that it lands with the backwheel, the frontwheel would only touch the platform on the way up, gas very gently to minimize air time, you should land so that the returning platform pushes you towards the second room - if done correctly, it would give me even 0.5 second edge over the Mantis (I got in the habit of checking the timer - 24-24.3 seconds at the end of room 1 was a pretty good time).

The other obstacles are not very hard, although I never learnt the standard (as I see it in most videos) way of doing obstacle 4 and I came up with my way, which I found very easy but maybe it was minimally slower, who knows - instead of riding straight up the obstacle and then lean back to avoid the saw, I would ride up to the beginning of the platform, stop (!), and then (you have to figure out the right timing) once the saw starts moving back (but not immediately, that's why fine-tuning the moment of acceleration is important) I would ride up the obstacle (when I'm on top, the saw is just behind me), ideally I would just hop over the edge and land on the other side of the obstacle, getting some traction for better speed into the last room. The last obstacle is still hit-or-miss for me, and I'm not talking about the beginning but the landing. At first I would always lean forward with full speed, but on landing sometimes I would land on the platform, which was perfect for speed, but many times only my backwheel would catch the platform (difficult not to fault and not great for speed), sometimes I would fully land on the floor (sucks for time). Fortunately, the whole track is very short so re-tries are not that much of a pain.

I hope this will help someone. The gist of the advice is very simple: if you're struggling, try the Helium and raise your frontwheel for the first obstacle. The rest you will likely figure out on your own.

• Like 2

Congrats on the 100%. 

I can’t believe you struggled with this ?.

Helium and just landing a bit short and doing a little bunny hop onto the first machine makes this very easy. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Congrats on the 100%. 

Thanks! I'd say that in the base game the most challenging trophy was the Loose Screw, I got it with the Mantis after a lot of trying, but definitely less than what I needed for Trials Wars :D. There were also trophies I really enjoyed, like the wheelie on the roof of the toilet in Inferno V. In the DLC both Diamonds required some patience, the Incan Times Duel was also quite irritating, especially when I got a run in 34.439 when the Diamond requirement was 34.400 ? I know that the game wasn't received very well but I must say I enjoyed it way more than I expected.

52 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I can’t believe you struggled with this 1f602.png.

Helium and just landing a bit short and doing a little bunny hop onto the first machine makes this very easy. 

Yeah, but like I said, my big mistake was not using the Helium from the get-go, I guess I'd have made it much sooner with the right bike. Your video shows a completely different approach to some obstacles, notably #2,3 & 4, so that only shows that there are different ways of getting the Diamond medal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Thanks! I'd say that in the base game the most challenging trophy was the Loose Screw, I got it with the Mantis after a lot of trying, but definitely less than what I needed for Trials Wars :D. There were also trophies I really enjoyed, like the wheelie on the roof of the toilet in Inferno V. In the DLC both Diamonds required some patience, the Incan Times Duel was also quite irritating, especially when I got a run in 34.439 when the Diamond requirement was 34.400 1f60e.png I know that the game wasn't received very well but I must say I enjoyed it way more than I expected.

Yeah this game is a lot of fun! I kind of cheesed Loose Screw with the Donkey. The hardest skill game for me was Hill Climb. It shouldn’t have been, but I kept screwing up in the 150-200m range, and going through the first 150m again is so annoying.

Two things I don’t like about this game:

The first is the world map. With so many tracks and insane amount of contracts it clutters. I find myself just playing contracts just to clear up the map a little. Luckily there is no trophy for those contracts as some of them are really hard.

The second is this game has sudden lags, at least I have them quite often, and it ruins Platinum runs or skill games. And ofcourse the stupid, here have the same item 100 times, lootboxes.

I’m getting close to completing it too. 7 extreme tracks, and one ninja, left. I’ll save Inferno V for last. That track seems a lot of fun.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

The first is the world map. With so many tracks and insane amount of contracts it clutters. I find myself just playing contracts just to clear up the map a little. Luckily there is no trophy for those contracts as some of them are really hard.

The second is this game has sudden lags, at least I have them quite often, and it ruins Platinum runs or skill games. And ofcourse the stupid, here have the same item 100 times, lootboxes.

I’m getting close to completing it too. 7 extreme tracks, and one ninja, left. I’ll save Inferno V for last. That track seems a lot of fun.

I definitely agree with both objections, though at least the lags weren't that much of an issue when going for Golds. The strange thing I noticed was that whenever I left the game idling in the menu or the pause screen, the fan would go crazy, like the console was readying up for take-off - the optimization side of this game is very poor. As for the contracts, I never got to the really difficult ones, it wasn't necessary (though some of the secret sponsor ones were kind of hard). As for the lootboxes, I stopped caring about them early on and I basically forgot they exist - definitely lost potential there. 

As for Inferno V, the track is fun but the Helium trivializes the difficulty, which is fine unless you expected a real challenge (like Inferno IV the first time around).

Edited by det_gittes
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, det_gittes said:

As for Inferno V, the track is fun but the Helium trivializes the difficulty, which is fine unless you expected a real challenge (like Inferno IV the first time around).

I finished Inferno V, (couldn’t resist ?), and that was... underwhelming. It took me 3 attempts to get a Gold Medal ?. The Helium is so OP.  Apart from Warehouse HD, which took me a while, I’ve done all Extreme tracks in 2-3 attempts. I kind of hope the Crash and Sunburn Extreme tracks are a bit more difficult. Probably not...

Lol. This thread derailed a bit ?.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@Baker @det_gittes Do either of you have any tips of how to consistently get over the bull ramp in the last round? It's the only thing stopping me from getting the diamond medal as I'm so hit and miss with it. Sometimes I get over it perfectly but more often than not it just sends me flying back where I came from and ends my run. I have zero issues with the rest of them so it's pretty frustrating.

Thanks in advance 

36 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

@Baker @det_gittes Do either of you have any tips of how to consistently get over the bull ramp in the last round? It's the only thing stopping me from getting the diamond medal as I'm so hit and miss with it. Sometimes I get over it perfectly but more often than not it just sends me flying back where I came from and ends my run. I have zero issues with the rest of them so it's pretty frustrating.

Thanks in advance 

Well, I can’t really remember but looking at my own video a few posts above it seems I just go full speed off the ramp, land on the machine, lean forward and do a front flip and land nicely. I don’t own the game anymore so I can’t test it out for you. Others will come here with some better tips no doubt.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Baker said:

Well, I can’t really remember but looking at my own video a few posts above it seems I just go full speed off the ramp, land on the machine, lean forward and do a front flip and land nicely. I don’t own the game anymore so I can’t test it out for you. Others will come here with some better tips no doubt.

Thanks, I think i was over complicating it for myself. I've found much more consistency by trying what you said. I've now had 3 or 4 runs of around 515 or so meters so I'm getting close. It's soul destroying how long this is taking me, and has made me realise I'm a long way off getting the rest of the trophies. This is my first trials game and the learning curve is quite steep. I'm about 30 hours in and haven't got to the extreme tracks yet. 

Appreciate your reply buddy!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Thanks, I think i was over complicating it for myself. I've found much more consistency by trying what you said. I've now had 3 or 4 runs of around 515 or so meters so I'm getting close. It's soul destroying how long this is taking me, and has made me realise I'm a long way off getting the rest of the trophies. This is my first trials game and the learning curve is quite steep. I'm about 30 hours in and haven't got to the extreme tracks yet. 

Appreciate your reply buddy!

Ah don't worry... As you say, the game has a steep learning curve. Good thing is, once you learn the basics (and get them into your fingers and muscles), you can play any Trials game and it will feel somewhat familiar :) 

It has been a while since I attempted this as well, but during the transition to the last Bull Machine, fully accelerate and lean forward. I think I failed in my initial attempt(s) because I didn't have enough speed, which you can solve that way. You'll have to correct your position mid-air though to properly land on the ramp and not lose much speed. 

P.S.: I will try to write something in your other post asking for tips... Just haven't had the time this weekend and am leaving for a vacation tomorrow :( I'll try to find a bit of time soon! You can check in which order I unlocked my trophies to see how I progressed through the game + DLC without having to grind levels, if you want! 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 1

I am quite impressed that @Arcesius has such a good and specific memory of that skill game :D, I have to say quite frankly that while I somewhat remember it, I have no idea what I did specifically to complete it. Well, for what it's worth, I remember that that was my last skill game, so I definitely found it difficult (mostly because I didn't go with the Helium at first). Another thing is that Trials Rising has always been the inferior game for me - once you @KindaSabbath start playing Trials Fusion, I may be of more help - it's the game I still play regularly and I think I've gotten quite decent at it ;) I may also offer some general advice in the other thread you started, just haven't had time yet! Oh, and I don't remember if skill games have replays, but if they do, you can always watch some to see what other players are doing.

• Like 1

@Arcesius Thanks bud. No rush in regards to tips on my thread, enjoy your vacation! I figured with this game being a couple years old now that most people have moved on, so I wasn't expecting many replies! I will have a browse on your profile and look at how you approached the trophies.

Also will be using your awesome guide for Nex Machina, if I ever get through this game first haha. 

@det_gittes Thanks in advance if you do drop a reply in my thread asking for pointers! If I ever beat this game, I will definitely go for Fusion, so I'll be sure to seek some guidance on that one no doubt!

Got it in the end. Not the cleanest run but to be honest I'd kinda zoned out and was just listening to music whilst going through the motions! I still need lots of practice to get good at this game!

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 3