Subaccount for downloading from US PSN allowed?

AnRoDr

I need some clarification:

Is it permitted and possible to create a US subaccount on my PS3 so that I can shop in the NA version of the PSN store? If so, can the games also be played under our main EU account?

I have searched both the forum here and Sony/PS3 sites in general, but there seems to be a lot of contradicting opinions out there. 

Possible, yes. Permitted? Yes and no. On the EU PS blog, SCEE staff have said they don't approve of it, but they won't go out of their way looking for people doing it either. So you'd probably be safe considering how many people do it anyways without issues :P

• Like 1

I have a main account on the Spanish (EUR) PSN Store and I recently bought Journey from the Japanese Store because I live in Japan and it was easier for me to get PS credit (I don´t use a credit card), so yes, it is possible. I also had a PS+ subscription to the Spanish PS Store in case you mind about that too. You can get that subscription in any region, but only once at a time (I think...) As for DLCs, you have to buy/download them from the same region as the game you own. For example, if you have Dishonored (EU version), you will have to download the DLC from the EU store, same goes for online codes, etc.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Thanks for the explanation guys! 

Think I will try it out with some free stuff at first before figuring out if my credit card will work to purchase in the NA store.

Just as a small note, I recommend purchasing a US PSN card on Amazon which will automatically send the code to your e-mail address and all you have to do is put the code in the store. Heard it's troublesome getting a non-US credit card to work on the US store.

Edited by Herwest299
  • Like 2

Just as a small note, I recommend purchasing a US PSN card on Amazon which will automatically send the code to your e-mail address and all you have to do is put the code in the store. Heard it's troublesome getting a non-US card to work on the US store.

Thanks for the tip. I was looking for an easy way to get a hold of US PSN cards, this might just be the thing!