Snakeybus Trophy Guide

MrZhangetsu

A quick tip for those struggling a bit with the 420 trophy.

I choose the red Double Decker Bus. It appears to be about 15% shorter than the Regular Bus / School Bus, which results in a traffic jam shorter by about 15% as well.

On the Ring Map on the outer lane, you'll reach the end of your regular Bus with a score of about 110, with the Double Decker it's in the 130ies.

Haven't tried out all other models, maybe other's work as well or even better.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dalailama1989 said:

A quick tip for those struggling a bit with the 420 trophy.

I choose the red Double Decker Bus. It appears to be about 15% shorter than the Regular Bus / School Bus, which results in a traffic jam shorter by about 15% as well.

On the Ring Map on the outer lane, you'll reach the end of your regular Bus with a score of about 110, with the Double Decker it's in the 130ies.

Haven't tried out all other models, maybe other's work as well or even better.

Thanks for the tip. It might be worth testing out all the other bus types. 

2 hours ago, I_Kaoji_I said:

Any tips for this trophy  try it over 5 hourse on ring map but with 250+ is no place to switch witvout fall from the map..

Try using the red double decker bus as per the users suggestion above. What worked for me was starting on the outside ring for a few laps and then once the bus is too big I switched to the middle ring for a lap and then the inside ring for a lap and just repeated that pattern. Sometimes you can get stuck but the bus should be slim enough that you can ride alongside it until you find a place to exit. 

There's also a ramp that jumps over the big ball in the middle, you could try using that if you feel like you've got no more room. 

Edited by MrZhangetsu
Extra information

I almost got 400 on the suburbs map early on but the ring map I just found confusing and kept getting about 200. That was annoying but I didn't get desperate enough to go looking for videos and also didn't want to leave the game for morning sobriety. In the end I used that sphere in the middle of the map to turn around and drove the course backwards. Got the 420 segments the first time I did this. Used the Double Decker bus sure, but I swear the track makes more sense in reverse. Pretty cool & fun game, reminded me of something from the Dreamcast days with the simple/clean 3D & instantly accessible game play.

Use the Museum map if you're struggling on Rings.

Tried and failed multiple times both forwards and reverse ways around the map and always fell short of got knocked off by one small section, Too many pitfalls and edges to fall off of.

On The Museum there's only one hazard and that's a pit at one side, just go round in a figure of 8 and jump over your own train when it starts getting massively congested in that figure of 8 (go behind pillars and up ramps to the outside), by the time the inside is less congested you should be around 350-360, so just go slowly and try to build up to to 420 using the boost to jump over your train where needed.

ended up with 485 and unlocked the trophy.

Video guide showing roughly what to do below, massive thanks to whoever made it because i got it after 2 attempts as opposed to 20+ on Rings

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, TheMightyImp2 said:

I agree. Spent a long time on rings, tried museum and got it in just a few attempts.

I uploaded the video on youtube, TheMightyImp2 snakeybus 420 trophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNjFt7aW1tU

I updated my guide to include the Museum map and double-decker method.

Edited by MrZhangetsu
typos

I have a top tip for 420 trophy also.

If you are trying for this on rings, and your jump goes wrong (going to fall off the edge, etc)  PAUSE the game and while paused you can turn the bus so its facing the correct way to get your last bit of boost to save you. 

I found that boost error usually is caused by the bus leaning away from where you want to go. Just angle your bus sharply the other way and boost back!

• Like 1