Bird Hunter trophy warning

Make sure to reload the checkpoint after going for Bird Hunter in the mission 'Of Their Own Accord' because the game checkpoints you once you get to the landing pad and if there's not enough time left it'll just restart and you'll fail continously. Found this out on my veteran playthrough. 

as you get to the javelin room look straight to the left for the one out of sight you can lock onto then take out all the others, do the part on the sniper and then as it tells you to leave another 5 should spawn letting you stay there and get the trophy in time

tips i used for anybody that needs it, despite what people say about need to play on hardened for it to work this method worked for me on recruit second attempt 

• Like 3

It’s lame that there’s a bird basically beyond the building you’re at. I g 9/10 on my Veteran playthrough because I didn’t think it was destroyable, tried again on recruit thinking I just had to be faster. And did another recruit mission playthrough and took it out & got the trophy in the end.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

SOMEONE please help me, because I think this achievement is glitched.... I've played this mission at LEAST 10 different times in a row on each difficulty, I've shotten every chopper itll let me... I waited to get on the sniper until they said civies were picking up weapons to make sure they've spawned in and waited until abt 35 seconds left until I've headed for the roof. (And yes I've shotten down the chopper way out to my left) and I still cant get the achievements. Hell I've even tallied it up to make sure I wasn't crazy but each time I get to 10 and nothing. The only other chopper itll let me lock on is right before I get to the roof and one flies over my head but no matter how many times I restart the lock on is impossible to get so I can make it 11. Wtf do I do? The ONE game I decide I want 100% completion on I cant even get

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2020 at 10:43 AM, Chef_Boi_RC said:

SOMEONE please help me, because I think this achievement is glitched.... I've played this mission at LEAST 10 different times in a row on each difficulty, I've shotten every chopper itll let me... I waited to get on the sniper until they said civies were picking up weapons to make sure they've spawned in and waited until abt 35 seconds left until I've headed for the roof. (And yes I've shotten down the chopper way out to my left) and I still cant get the achievements. Hell I've even tallied it up to make sure I wasn't crazy but each time I get to 10 and nothing. The only other chopper itll let me lock on is right before I get to the roof and one flies over my head but no matter how many times I restart the lock on is impossible to get so I can make it 11. Wtf do I do? The ONE game I decide I want 100% completion on I cant even get

Try ignoring the sniper part and shoot down helicopters there instead. After downing all of them finish the sniper part. At the end take care of the rest of the heli, even the one behind the building to the left.  That's what I did on recruit. 

Edited by thabg23

• 4 weeks later...