My first FF

Hey, decided to try the series for the first time, heard of it a lot, like the game in general, normal walkthrough was great.

Doing missions on hard now.

Every single boss battle, especially Pride and Joy challenge come to barrier and heal spamming, due to tons of unavoidable damage and damage if you try to avoid you will lose a lot of time.

Is this supposed to be so, or i am just new and need more skill?

Is there a way to master those fights to beat bosses no damage or no heals etc? Please point me out to the good deep guides.

Most of the video guides i see do not shine with deep knowledge.

Heal spamming is very annoying.

There is a strategy to pretty much every boss in hard mode. I don't think it's about needing more skill at all - I will say that having the right materia & weapons for the right situations should limit the amount of healing you have to do. Also having those materia maxed out and your characters at level 50 help too I'm pretty much changing my set up for every fight. So far the only major healing i've had to do was in the Airbuster fight and that was mainly due to me being impatient.

This guide has a few good regular and hard more tips - https://www.powerpyx.com/final-fantasy-7-vii-remake-boss-guide-all-bosses/. I used this one for the Reno fight and it worked like a charm

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

Heal & attack is essentially what it boils down to in most (J)RPGs, some doing the very cool big brane move of including buffing and debuffing but ultimately not changing the flow too much. FFVII: R on normal is infinitely more entertaining and challenging than your regular FF whether turn-based or ATB based. (Though I also very much recommend playing the original FFVII)

6 hours ago, Herbalistiikka said:

Heal & attack is essentially what it boils down to in most (J)RPGs, some doing the very cool big brane move of including buffing and debuffing but ultimately not changing the flow too much. FFVII: R on normal is infinitely more entertaining and challenging than your regular FF whether turn-based or ATB based. (Though I also very much recommend playing the original FFVII)

9 hours ago, DemonicDraco said:

Not healing  on hard mode bosses... I doubt it, if so thats gonna be a crazy showoff kinda thing to do..

I see now, originally it is turn-based. it means you have to take damage and heal, they made it real time, but kept the flow of the battle idea. This is a bit disappointing, not a big fan of such combat style.

9 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

This guide has a few good regular and hard more tips - https://www.powerpyx.com/final-fantasy-7-vii-remake-boss-guide-all-bosses/. I used this one for the Reno fight and it worked like a charm

Power pyx guides are great, i use it, but they are pretty generic, he didn't beat the hardest fights, and his recommendations of the weapon and materia says that he didn't yet understand some things.

Compare to this guy for example, he built his Could sword for balanced magic and attack so he can burst shiva with fire spells for example. This fight is really hard, he is also always switching characters, once boss focuses him, because if you are not controlling character they usually defending and doing it better than you. Also notice how he breaks shivas frost familiars with low cost spells, powerpyx recommends using last sword(why?) and using the strongest magic on her, also putting ice + elemental in armor, what about other fights in this challenge.