Ace trophy

TiNnYzEuS

9 hours ago, jdh0921 said:

I did hole 2 at little brook manor, blue tees pin position 2. Went one club down (I think 6 iron) and full swing. Took several attempts due to the inconsistent accuracy. Hit the flag a couple of times. 

Thanks for the reply, I may try that hole as I’ve been trying callula falls second hole (it’s called something like that). It’s just so inconsistent, sometimes it’s very close but sometimes I’m short or way off for no apparent reason.

Edited by TiNnYzEuS

14 minutes ago, TiNnYzEuS said:

Thais for the reply, I may try that hole as I’ve been trying callula falls second hole (it’s called something like that). It’s just so inconsistent, sometimes it’s very close but sometimes I’m short or way off for no apparent reason.

Try finding a course with holes 1 or 10 that's a Par 3 ( obviously, tee off the back 9 if its the 10th). That way you can just restart the round if you don't get it. Adjust accordingly after every restart. Took me about 8-10 tries using this method on the Golf Club sequel. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Try finding a course with holes 1 or 10 that's a Par 3 ( obviously, tee off the back 9 if its the 10th). That way you can just restart the round if you don't get it. Adjust accordingly after every restart. Took me about 8-10 tries using this method on the Golf Club sequel. 

Good luck!

No course on this one starts with a Par 3 and you can’t play from the back 9. Shit really as playing though the first hole for a one shot chance is what’s annoying me lol.

Edited by TiNnYzEuS

2 hours ago, TiNnYzEuS said:

No course on this one starts with a Par 3 and you can’t play from the back 9. Shit really as playing though the first hole for a one shot chance is what’s annoying me lol.

Sorry, I missed the part that said "official course." I guess the only other  thing I could offer would be to adjust your swing on a low trajectory so the ball will get more roll. 

You certainly deserve this platinum if you achieved the ridiculous Millionaire trophy. Best of luck to you! 

On 4/22/2020 at 0:11 PM, TiNnYzEuS said:

Thanks for the reply, I may try that hole as I’ve been trying callula falls second hole (it’s called something like that). It’s just so inconsistent, sometimes it’s very close but sometimes I’m short or way off for no apparent reason.

The most annoying thing this game does is you can hit a perfect shot, with perfect tempo, and you still end up shifting left or right a hair for no particular reason. I get it makes it more realistic, but still, it's a perfect shot in every sense of the game's mechanics.

4 hours ago, jdh0921 said:

The most annoying thing this game does is you can hit a perfect shot, with perfect tempo, and you still end up shifting left or right a hair for no particular reason. I get it makes it more realistic, but still, it's a perfect shot in every sense of the game's mechanics.

Yeah this is exactly what’s REALLY annoying me, and the fact sometimes you hit a perfect shot but it comes up way short with wind behind you! I’ve tried for about 6 hours now with no luck, thinking of giving up for a while before I break something.

• 1 year later...

I know this thread hasn't been updated for a while and everyone in it probably already got the trophy, but I spent the past few days trying to find some kind of repeatable method and I thought I'd leave this here for anyone that's looking in the future:

Little Brook Manor, Standard Clubs, Red Tees, Pin Position 2, 6 iron, PUNCH SHOT.

Why?  Well, there's only about 20 official courses to choose from, and the first hole on LBM is really easy, so you can hit the green in 2 without adjusting your shot at all and finish the hole in less than a minute.  This gets you to the par 3 2nd as quickly as possible, so each try is only about a minute.

The standard clubs are to reduce any variances in your swing as much as possible.  With tour clubs, you'll be all over the map if you hit it a little wrong, but standard clubs give you more leeway.

The punch shot I think is the most important thing, for 2 reasons:  first, it negates most of the wind, so you can aim at the same spot every time and it'll mostly go there every time.  Second, the ball rolls a lot more at the end, so you can negate a big chunk of distance variances as well.

The pin position was my preference, I tried all 4 and position 2 was the most consistent for me.  Depending on your swing though, you may want to try some of the other ones.  For the further ones, you can even bump up to a 5 iron.

Basically, if you get the ball so it's consistently rolling a little past the hole every time, the only thing you have left to worry about is left/right.  At position 2, the ball kicks left a little when it first lands, so I set the target about 2 feet to the right of the pin.  It seemed like I was about 50/50 missing left and missing right, so I just settled in for about an hour and got it after about 50 shots.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 18/12/2021 at 1:34 AM, FeelTheCosmos said:

I know this thread hasn't been updated for a while and everyone in it probably already got the trophy, but I spent the past few days trying to find some kind of repeatable method and I thought I'd leave this here for anyone that's looking in the future:

Little Brook Manor, Standard Clubs, Red Tees, Pin Position 2, 6 iron, PUNCH SHOT.

Why?  Well, there's only about 20 official courses to choose from, and the first hole on LBM is really easy, so you can hit the green in 2 without adjusting your shot at all and finish the hole in less than a minute.  This gets you to the par 3 2nd as quickly as possible, so each try is only about a minute.

The standard clubs are to reduce any variances in your swing as much as possible.  With tour clubs, you'll be all over the map if you hit it a little wrong, but standard clubs give you more leeway.

The punch shot I think is the most important thing, for 2 reasons:  first, it negates most of the wind, so you can aim at the same spot every time and it'll mostly go there every time.  Second, the ball rolls a lot more at the end, so you can negate a big chunk of distance variances as well.

The pin position was my preference, I tried all 4 and position 2 was the most consistent for me.  Depending on your swing though, you may want to try some of the other ones.  For the further ones, you can even bump up to a 5 iron.

Basically, if you get the ball so it's consistently rolling a little past the hole every time, the only thing you have left to worry about is left/right.  At position 2, the ball kicks left a little when it first lands, so I set the target about 2 feet to the right of the pin.  It seemed like I was about 50/50 missing left and missing right, so I just settled in for about an hour and got it after about 50 shots.

cheers, i am going to give this a shot. out of curiosity how did you manage the 1 mil trophy?  

Edited by S-H-A-R-P-E-Y-

On 18/12/2021 at 1:34 AM, FeelTheCosmos said:

got the ace trophy thanks to your advice - took abit longer than i expected but got there eventually.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/17/2021 at 9:34 AM, FeelTheCosmos said:

This definitely works, I was doing a speed plat on this game last weekend and hit it twice in 3 tries.  Once was while I was doing this video, trying to miss a few times to show people how to set it up.  The setup is at 10:44, the accidental ace at 13:05:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/23/2022 at 6:02 AM, TiNnYzEuS said:

It has been a very long time since I booted this up, I’m finally trying to get the ace trophy so I can delete this. I’m selecting little Brook red tees etc but hole 2 is different? Do I have to have ps+ and be online?

Pin Position matters, I know when I booted it up first time that was my issue.

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2023 at 8:50 PM, jdh0921 said:

Pin Position matters, I know when I booted it up first time that was my issue.

Yeah I’ve changed the pin position, when I load into the round it’s different than when I’ve tried it before? I don’t have ps+ though so it’s showing offline, does this make a difference? I barely game anymore so didn’t wanna buy plus just for this one trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 3:18 PM, TiNnYzEuS said:

Yeah I’ve changed the pin position, when I load into the round it’s different than when I’ve tried it before? I don’t have ps+ though so it’s showing offline, does this make a difference? I barely game anymore so didn’t wanna buy plus just for this one trophy.

There is no online anymore, they closed the servers without warning in December.

Not sure what that all affects, but hopefully you can still get it with enough practice.  I see that's your last trophy, so I hope you get it!

Quick Edit:  The servers are back up as of August, who knows how long though.

Edited by NonGone
  • Like 1